We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried about food at the Oceanis beach and spa

Which Psalidi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
222 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Worried about food at the Oceanis beach and spa

At the end of May/beginning of June the reviews were fabulous then over the last few weeks things have seemed to have gone downhill.

One person mentioned a carvery in the evening which sounded great then another said you will be ok if you like pasta!

I'm really starting to worry as we don't have a lot of spare cash to spend and we had hoped the all inclusive option was good value and being a 4* the food would be of a good standard.

Can anyone put my mind at rest as me and my fiancé are reading these reviews in horror!

Thanks x

Suffolk UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried about food at the Oceanis beach and spa

Hi Bexyh24,

Please don't worry - we went early May and found the food to be very good with plenty of choice and staff constantly refilling dishes - sometimes the more popular dishes would run out and be replaced with a pasta one until more of the original was available ( i.e pork escalopes, chicken breasts ) and its true that there are a good few dishes with meat/fish with pasta in sauces but there is a carvery choice of a roast meat on offer and portions given are not small! The salad bar has a large selection, there is also soup available and also some very yummy desserts !!

We had no problem with food being luke-warm but we did tend to eat early around 7pm. Breakfast was my favourite meal of the day - just loved the fresh bread and pastries but again there are many choices but do not expect our English type of bacon as its more like smoked ham but regular visitors to Greece expect this and its fine.

The only buffet that I didn't think was up to par, and this is only my own opinion, was the Asian but others in my party enjoyed the food and there were plenty of other dishes to choose from.

Overall we were very happy with our stay at the Oceanis and would certainly make a return visit - if you go with an open mind remembering that 4stars in Greece isn't quite the same as 4stars here I'm sure that you'll both have a great time and will be bringing that spare cash back home with you!

Happy holidays!

x

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
222 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried about food at the Oceanis beach and spa

Thank you very much for the response

Bex x

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried about food at the Oceanis beach and spa

I can say this without any reservation at all, and hopefully your mind will be put at rest...

We stayed at the Oceanis for 11 nights, came home on the 24th May, and booked to go back in September for another holiday, it was that good.

Now I am not the kind of person to ever ever go back to the same hotel, done it twice before, once was pure heaven the other a disaster, but hey ho! and we always say "You should try everything once, not the same thing twice"but the Oceanis is a rule worth breaking.

The food is not the greatest selection we have ever experienced, but the quality is good, and the selection at breakfast is excellent, the lunch time menu at both the eateries (The Meltimi and the Anemeos Beach Bar) is excellent, and there is also the Greco bar near the quiet pool which serves fresh toasties, crepes etc, all cooked fresh.................the problem seems to be in the evening, and I did say in my review that between 8 and 9 it is very push and shove, everyone desends like a flock of vultures, and there are, as you know, some very rude people who just pile up their plates, whilst grumbling and moaning there is nothing to eat!!!!!..If you go a little before 8 or just after 9, the atmosphere reverts back to calmness, and although the choice isn't any greater the calmness just makes everything seem that bit better.

There is a choice of pasta, but, it isn't pasta, pasta and nothing else...there is usually either linguine with a sauce and a cold pasta salad, plus a mousakka or youvetsi, which are pasta based dishes, but are Greek dishes, which you expect in Greece...............there is always plenty of seafood on offer, plus chicken, a roast on the carvery, plus kebabs etc...then the salads,cheeses,breads,fruits,anti pasta,ice cream, etc etc...always soups, always Tzatziki, olives,figs,brushetta,cold meats, so the list is endless.....And like I say, the options aren't as great as some hotels we have stayed at, but then again, we have stayed at some so called 5* hotels and been slightly disappointed too, plus paid a lot more than the Oceanis.

Why you are reading the reviews in horror, I don't know.....I haven't read one bad review concerning the hotel, it's staff, it's cleanliness,it's standards..it is just that some people get more concerned with the choice of food or drink than anything else.....it is a 4* plus hotel, it offers 4* plus standards, and although the choice may be a little boring at times, I can think of no other place I would rather be...................

Just go, enjoy, and stop worrying, .

Happy Days

DLV (shirley)

Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried about food at the Oceanis beach and spa

Ignore all the bad reviews we've just got home on Sunday from the oceanis beach and spa resort and I'm very fussy with food and there was always plenty of options from salads to freshly cooked meat! all of which were delicious!

The deserts are the best thing, always a choice of about 10 deserts (different every day) and choice of ice creams and fresh fruit.

5. Re: Worried about food at the Oceanis beach and spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Psalidi
Recent Conversations