We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niriides Apartments

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Niriides Apartments

Hi

We are looking to stay in a two bedroom apartment in the Niriides Beach Hotel but have read somewhere that some are basement apartments and only have a small window which I have never heard of before. We are looking to book with Thomson and any info would be helpful.

Thankyou

Mentioned in this post
Niriides Beach Hotel
Niriides Beach Hotel
475 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niriides Apartments

Hi, Firstly like to say I have been here twice and I am again going here in September this year. Yes the 2 bedroom apartments on at ground floor level, but they are very clean, some have excellent view of the sea and the turkish coast line. The owners Stavros and Smaro will help you out if they can, Do not be afraid to drop them a Email they are very helpful. The service at this hotel is second to none. I guarantee you will want to return just like us and many others!

Ps Enjoy your stay.

Russ

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niriides Apartments

Hi Thankyou for your reply carus007 we have now booked 2 1 bedroom studios cannot wait to go, so many good reviews seems too good to be true. I will Email the hotel to request studios next to each other.

Thanks again and enjoy your visit in September.

Sue

manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Niriides Apartments

Hi there - going to Nirides early june this year - wondered if anyone had an email address for them and is money exchange at hotel ok or better in kos/here? hoping the weather will be ok don't want it too hot but enough to sunbathe comfortably. how about the buses to kos are they expensive and are there complimentary sunbeds on the beach opposite? is it worth booking a seaview room as i have heard the other rooms have a nice mountain view? i think there is a supermarket nearby is it ok - will prob eat out quite a lot if there are tavernas closeby as i heard food at apts is ok but better elsewhere - so may reviews to read but it all looks good to me!!!

so many questions!! sorry! rubbish flights from manchester so hope it's worth it - went to kos nearly 20 years ago to kefalos nothing there then but up and coming resort now - looking to not do much on this holiday just a good chillout and a few nice walks/meals etc - were going to have grankids under 5 and daughter/partner with us for first week but not sure now they may still come for first week - ok for them?

thanks

tweety manchester

manchester
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Niriides Apartments

Hi All, We are staying here too in August for 2 weeks...really looking forward to going. Yes the reviews do look good, so here's hoping.. :-) We booked through Monarch B&B staying in hotel side.

tweetymanches...The buses on Kos are reliable in my experience; although they can get packed in high season; I call them fondly 'the sardine express'.. Sorry about your flights, sure it will be worth it. Found this e-mail address & phone number on website. Hope it helps... Happy hols

Jan

E-mail: niriideshotel@gmail.com Tel. +30 22420 23919 Fax. +30 22420 23380

Mentioned in this post
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,798 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Niriides Apartments

The area near Niriides isn't too well-endowed with supermarkets. From memory there is a mini-market at a petrol station nearby, and a bit further towards town there is one called Jimmy's, which is fine.

I think the nearest taverna is called blue ocean, beautifully positioned on the sea side of the road.

I'm not sure it is worth getting a sea view, certainly not paying extra. The hills and forest behind the area form a lovely view in their own right.

Buses are fine, reliable and cheap, less than 10 minutes into town, but as said above sometimes can be crowded.

Mentioned in this post
Niriides Beach Hotel
Niriides Beach Hotel
475 Reviews
Kos, Greece
manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Niriides Apartments

thanks for the info Steve - we don't mind a forest view at all and we like a walk so supermarket for a few bits n bobs shouldn't pose a problem for us - going early about 8th june so buses should be ok i hope - we'll walk if not!!

looking for a good chillout holiday with some nice food/drink sunbathing and walks etc so think it fits the bill - just hope it's not really windy here as my last recollection of Kos was in kefalos but then it was may and about 17 years ago! do they have free sunbeds over at the beach for us? cheers Tweety.

Mentioned in this post
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,798 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Niriides Apartments

I can't say for definite as I have never stayed there, only in properties nearby, but I am pretty sure the answer will be no. AFAIK the only time a hotel will include sunbeds for residents is if the beach is 'private' i.e. used almost exclusively by the hotel residents (although I believe there is no such thing as a private beach in Greece) and in the 5* type bracket - neither of which apply here.

The beach in the immediate area isn't the best - it's quite narrow, and a mixture of sand and shingle. Near the taverna I mentioned above there is a small area backed by trees whch is quite pleasant.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Niriides Apartments

Jan thanks for your help with the email info etc - back at work now and hadn't looked at website etc we just got a really good deal for june on sunday from thomson and just had quick look at reviews before booking needed something to look forward to at this time of year it always helps! - it looked worth it anyway sure we'll be fine! have a good one in august - bit too hot for me then so going june cheers tweety

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Niriides Apartments

Hi we stayed in June 2012 the weather very good we stayed in an apartment in the main building at the back (requested high floor but these do not have self catering facilities they are for half board clients usually from another country ) although on ground floor we did not hear any noise from the bar or the road and it is about 6 ft off the ground. It is a nice 15/20 minute walk to kos town with a safe pathway which is also used for bicycles which you can hire nearby. The buses are regular and very cheap. We visited the nearby Tavernas all were very good and you could sit outside right in front of the sea. The hotel is very nice plenty of sunbeds and not too crowded, staff are very nice especially in the pool bar. Had a couple of bbqs while we were there, worth going to. Went to a wedding at Lofaki Restuarant lovely food worth a trip for the views if you want something a bit special. The beach across the road we only went to once but had plenty of free sunbeds you need beach shoes to go into the water a bit pebbly. The supermarket is not far less than 5 mins, has all you need. Don't know about the exchange we got our money before we went. We had a lovely week could have done with a bit longer. Hope this helps, enjoy your stay.

Mentioned in this post
Lofaki
Lofaki
1,069 Reviews
Kos, Greece
manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Niriides Apartments

thanks Sue that's really helpful of you. we're going for 2 weeks and looking for a good relax between the beach and pool so all sounds good to me.

i;ll take some shoes for the sea - i must admit we've done the all inclusive longhails for the past few years and i'm missing this sort of holiday now - my only pet hate is paying for sunbeds! oh and i'll have to remember a beach towel! looking forward to some nice greek meals out i love my food.

didn't realise the upper floors didn't have self catering facilities was going to ask for an upper floor but will leave that now taking your advice - we won't be doing much in the way of cooking but i do like a fridge for drinks etc.

it sounds like the weather will suit us fine early june really glad i booked it now after seeing these reviews - i might just get used to this agin after this one!thanks again. tweety.

Get answers to your questions about Psalidi
Recent Conversations