We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for young children at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Activities for young children at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya

We will be going to the Iberostar Paraiso Maya in a few weeks with our 3 year old twins. They are too young to enjoy the Kid's Club, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on things to do around the resort that they might enjoy. Are there any times of day that are better for certain things?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for young children at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya

There is a small water park type area that is good for young children. It is behind one of the Maya buildings.

There is a carousel in front of the Commercial Center.

Edited: 7:41 pm, November 30, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for young children at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya

I was there in November with our 3 year old girl. Your twins will love it! There is a kids club that they can attend with you present beside the pirate shop water park (which is amazing!!), a wave pool with gradual entry, and in the Maya lobby bar there also is a small kids club they can go in with you there (4 and up can be left with the fantastic staff). Due to its proximity to the lobby bar, on a couple of nights my husband and I would have drinks at the lobby bar, each of us taking turns switching off sitting with our daughter in the kids club.

It's excellent for kids, truly. The carousel is started up every night in the shopping centre too. You'll have a great time! Bring water wings and a floater for the kids, or buy them in the store by the pool ($$$).

Ask for mattress toppers, makes a difference.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities for young children at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya

I was there in November with our 3 year old girl. Your twins will love it! There is a kids club that they can attend with you present beside the pirate ship water park (which is amazing!!), a wave pool with gradual entry, and in the Maya lobby bar there also is a small kids club they can go in with you there (4 and up can be left with the fantastic staff). Due to its proximity to the lobby bar, on a couple of nights my husband and I would have drinks at the lobby bar, each of us taking turns switching off sitting with our daughter in the kids club.

It's excellent for kids, truly. The carousel is started up every night in the shopping centre too. You'll have a great time! Bring water wings and a floater for the kids, or buy them in the store by the pool ($$$).

Ask for mattress toppers, makes a difference.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities for young children at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya

I have 3 year old twins as well and at this point we do not feel they are ready for a Mexico trip so I would love it if you would report after you return and let us know how they did. Id love to start sharing our love of Mexico with them.

You may also want to take them around the Beach/Del Mar water features near the lobby's. Its a really pretty area with lots of animals. Im sure your kids would love that.

5. Re: Activities for young children at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 12, 2014