We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To the Grand we Go!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
To the Grand we Go!!

I have been quitely longing to visit the Grand once again. I know this is early but I couldn't contain myself any longer and booked our 6 th trip to the Grand. Arriving December 29th for 7 nights. Let the countdown begin. 179.....

Hope you are enjoying your visit Andrea.

Tim.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Hola Tim! I am home now, almost a week : (

Not sure when I'll be back. Jealous that you have a countdown. Have a great time. I'd love to celebrate New Year's Eve at the Grand one year. You'll have to provide a full accounting of hat it's like.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Have a great time! We did New Years at the Grand Bavaro last year as a family. You will enjoy it! Not headed anywhere till November for Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your reunion with your Iberostar friends!

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
432 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Have a blast!! I can't wait until I go back to the Grand.. :)

Manchester
Level Contributor
253 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Oh you lucky thing!

I am already suffering the blues and not been home 24 hours yet :(

Off back to work tomorrow so we can start saving for our return !!

Will watch for your report on what New Year is like there.

Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Hi Tim,

We'll see you their (again) we're booked for two weeks from Jan 2nd, in the meantime we have the iberostar Grand Bavaro in September, that way the wait seem shorter.

Glad your booked again

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Wow Throast....you are so lucky too! Have a great time!

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
52 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

We arrive December 14th for 2 weeks and are nervous about the weather... after reading a few reviews we have heard it can be quiet chilly and the pools are freezing :( Not exactly what I had planned for our Honeymoon... being that you are a return guest can you give us any tips on how to make our Honeymoon memorable or tips for our Butler etc.. We have an oceanfront room already but am praying for gorgeous weather!!!!

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Hi VL453, while no expert on the weather during your stay we have been to the Grand from end of November to end of March for differing durations. As you can see we are from Canada as well and while we might find the main activity pool a little cool it is no where near freezing. If you are looking for warmer water conditions, it is only steps away at either the tranquility pool (with warmish heated pools on each end) or at the grand spa.

As the weather goes it is always a bit of a crap shoot, but we have never been disappointed or felt cold in any way during our stay in this area. I wouldn't fret about it one little bit. Go enjoy the pleasures that the Grand will afford you and you will see why there are so many repeat visitors to this resort.

Tim.

Calgary
Level Contributor
651 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Victoria, we have been to the Grand 3 times in December. The weather has always been very good. One year the pools were freezing totally unuseable other than to dip in and jump out, the ocean was great though. The pools at the Grand are not heated but usually the pool temperature is fine for swimming. The year it was not, they had cool weather at night and the week before we came was pretty cold. Don't worry too much you will have a great time.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To the Grand we Go!!

Headed to grand Saturday second time around...anyone care to join me for some fun at the grand