We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone at the IB Grand now?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone at the IB Grand now?

Is their anyone at this resort who can give me an update? Has the weather affected the property...

I Arrive on Friday and just a little freaked out!!

Boston MA
Level Contributor
82 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

Here now the damage was pretty bad sat night. We are in ocean front water was leaking under the door really bad thunder and lightning trees were down a lot of flooding! It's still raining right now many ceilings leaking some parts the ceiling actually caved in .beach erosion worst in front of maya lindo. It's supposed to stop raining tomorrow I think from what ive seen watching the weather Figures because we are leaving :( its just boring stuck inside none of the fountains or jacuzzis have been running since sat night not really much to do with such crap weather!

Boston MA
Level Contributor
82 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

Here now the damage was pretty bad sat night. We are in ocean front water was leaking under the door really bad thunder and lightning trees were down a lot of flooding! It's still raining right now many ceilings leaking some parts the ceiling actually caved in .beach erosion worst in front of maya lindo. It's supposed to stop raining tomorrow I think from what ive seen watching the weather Figures because we are leaving :( its just boring stuck inside none of the fountains or jacuzzis have been running since sat night not really much to do with such crap weather!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

Oh, man, sorry to hear about all of that Model-C. Thanks for the update.

Edit for more questions: did you have to move rooms? How do you think the Grand and the employees are handing the situation?

Edited: 12:05 pm, June 05, 2013
Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

So sorry to hear! Rain on vacation is the pits.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

We had a topfloor room and were moving in the middle of the night to an other room in the middle floor because of leaking in our room. It was really terrible last saterday. There was panic in the hotel because there was water all over the hotel and in a lot of rooms. About 90 rooms not available at this moment, but the hotel can still handle it because the occupancy is low. Most of the staff try to do their best to handle the situation, but the bad thing is that most of the time it is still raining, so the damage get worse, but the staff really doing their best for the guests.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

Thanks for the updates.. I'm really sorry to hear the weather has been so bad!!!! I truly pray for the sun gods to come out the rest of your stay!

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

I read a review and the reviewer rated the Grand a 1 star and blamed the hotel for the water - Hello!!! LOL!!! Sorry to hear you got bad weather on your vacation!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

Sitting at the grand bar now, yes there is some damage to the ceilings in the walkways but nothing that would make much difference to your holiday, this is our 5th stay and everything is pretty much as it should be now.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

Woohoo!! Thanks once again for the update..

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone at the IB Grand now?

That's great! Thanks for the update.