We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

I will be staying at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo this July for a wedding. My first time there. I've seen the website showing the accommodations. Looks like a great place. But should I be aware of some things that are not included? Also any tips/advice that I should know to make my visit enjoyable? Thanks.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Im not sure that there is anything they dont tell you. However, you can learn a lot from past travelers to the resort so if you have any specific questions ask away.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
476 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

If you don't make ala carte reservations online be sure to do it with your building concierge as soon as you arrive.

If you get assigned to bldg. 55 try to be as far away from the theater as possible b/c its very loud until the shows are over.

There is a commercial center that is available to all guests and has a couple of good eateries - taco stand, creperie, hamburger joint.

Be sure your front door and patio doors are closed completely or your AC shuts off.

The buildings are all 3 stories but there are no elevators if mobility is an issue for anyone.

Holbrook, New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Go to the resort's reviews. I have put in 2 already. They are pretty dead on, except for the people who just cannot be pleased. I would bring many $1 and $5 bills but you don't have to. Bring you're own floats, or tubes. Don't forget sunscreen, they rip you off $20 a bottle in the resort.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Well, since you are there for a wedding, you may be spending some time on your hair to get it just right for the occasion, so I'll advise you that while the hair dryers work, they are not very powerful......it may take some time to blow dry/style your hair...if this could be a concern, then you may want to bring your own hair dryer......

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Reason, I'm asking is that when I stayed at the Gran Melia Cancun, I found out that not all items were included with the All-Inclusive plan. Local beer and bottled water was included but Evian water was $7 a bottle. Coffee packets were $3 each. Some menu items and drinks were not included. Also, the Gran Melia shuts off the AI plan at checkout time. So, for example, you have to check out at noon but your flight home isn't until 3 pm. Because they cut off your AI wristband at check out, everything is chargeable at that point. Some resorts don't cut off your band until you actually board the shuttle to the airport. Also do you have to get up early to place a towel on the chairs by the pool? What is the best building to stay in? what is better, upper rooms or ground level? Do people use Bubba mugs?

Any more tips?

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

I've never been to a resort where you couldn't use the facilities after your check-out. Most resorts don't clip the bands but even the ones that do that access to the resort from my experiences.

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

My experience also. I think that's why I won't return to the Gran Melia Cancun. Also at the GMC, pool and beach bars closed at 5pm which I think is a little early. That left only the lobby bar open.

Edited: 10:22 am, March 05, 2013
Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

I've read that Grand Velas won't let you use the facilities after you check without an additional charge. But other than that one I haven't seen any others that don't.

There are no additional charges at the IB* for drinks of any kind, other than the non-inclusive wines at dinner. The towel game is played almost everywhere and how early you will need to get up and play will depend on a few things like how busy the resort is when you are there and whether you want a "prime" spot or can be happy anywhere.

Maps can be found at:

http://www.iberostar-board.com/ib_complex.jpg

iberostar-board.com/Iberostar_Lindo_Maya_Map…

www.iberostar-board.com/IB_Maya_Lindo.jpg

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=20.7612702&lon=-86.9665504&z=16&l=0&m=b&search=iberostar%20paraiso%20beach\

I like to be in the middle so buildings 53 and 54 and I prefer third floor facing the pool but everyone has there idea about the ideal location. Some people use bubba kegs or other insulated mugs again its a personal preference.

nik

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

My husband likes to drink beer. Do they only have Dos Equis?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What don't they tell you at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

No....the frig in your room will have a few different beers. Sol, Presidente, Dos Equis, Superior. On tap they have Sol and maybe still have Dos Equis on tap . I'm not a beer drinker so I'm not sure.