We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel has beach with no rocks in playa del carmen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel has beach with no rocks in playa del carmen

Which hotel has a beach with no rocks in playa del carmen?

Alberta
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel has beach with no rocks in playa del carmen

All the beaches in PDC are nice powdery sand. Usually ok in to the water as well. A lot of work went into the beaches after hurricane Wilma (?) Still, always a good idea to wear water shoes. Not so much for rocks, usually that's not much of an issue, but I have come too close to stepping on the odd ray laying in the sand.

Mundelein, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel has beach with no rocks in playa del carmen

islaaddict (or anybody else willing to share),

sounds like you are a Playa beach expert. if that's the case, can you help me out with a similar question? which reports in Playa (or Akumal) are the best beaches for long beach walks (like about to walk an hour or more in any one direction)? It very hard to tell on Google maps .... this is really key for us and I'm having a tough time finding one of those (other than the 5 Rui hotels which had great walking beaches but we prefer not to revisit for other reasons). Many thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
883 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel has beach with no rocks in playa del carmen

Just south of Playa Del Carmen in the gated community of Playacar there are approximately 15 hotels on a beautiful sandy beach. We stayed at one in the middle and could walk about 20 minutes in each direction - north or south.

Alberta
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel has beach with no rocks in playa del carmen

llh2004.

Depends on where you are staying. In Playacar you can hop onto the beach and go south about a 1\2 mile after the last hotel. Climb over some rocks and keep going. Personally, I've never gone farther than the rocks, but I believe you could go a good ways south yet. Head north and you can walk the beach right into Playa Del Carmen. You have to detour around the ferry terminal to get back to the beach, but it goes a good ways north yet from there. All nice sand too. A few beach clubs here and there to stop for an adult beverage if you like as well.

5. Re: which hotel has beach with no rocks in playa del carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 01, 2014