We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

After reading Actran's post about the reservations, I had a question and didn't want to highjack her post.

How exactly does the Grand's reservation system work? The only AI I've been to that required reservations was Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta. Their reservation system worked just like real reservations at real restaurants. You set the time, any time, you want. We made reservations for 7:30 and 8:00 for all the nights we were there. I get the impression that this is not how the Grand reservations work, correct? They only have set blocks of time in general for restaurant seatings? What are those times?

I'm very curious because the Grand has been long on my list of places to go but making reservations put me off because I hate being on a schedule on vacation. However, after our trip in January to EPM and being told we would have to wait for over an hour at certain restaurants, we are rethinking the whole "don't like making reservations" mentality.

Thanks!

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

Yikes, that is frustrating for sure!!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

October- When I e-mailed I actually told them where I wanted to eat what nights and what times. They said ok and gave me the confirmation numbers. Maybe it was just coincidence that it all worked out? I e-mailed them about 2 weeks out and they asked me to re-mail them about a week later.

I couldn't reserve for every night I was there before we arrived; just one night for each of the a la cartes. We had no problem reserving for the other night we wanted once we arrived. We wanted reservations for 8:30 so we would be finished eating right before the show would start since we were worried we would get tired if we had too much time to hang out between dinner and the show since I tend to wake up early on vacation. I have no idea why!! :)

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

I imagine that restaurants at places like Excellence will have wait times when they are full. How could they not? At any rate, at Excellence I experienced few wait times, but I also experienced sub par service and food and uncomfortably hot temperatures.

I am one that prefers reservation times. What else could get me off the ridiculously comfortable sofa on the balcony with a view of the ocean?

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

I was able to get all of mine reserved ahead of time too. I only ran into issues when I wanted to change the times while I was there.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
173 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

We always opt for the 6:30 seating because our normal eating time at home is 6:30 and the Grand is an hour behind which means our tummies are starting dinner at 7:30. We make reservations ahead and have always been very flexible. We tell them where we want to eat and let the Grand choose our nights. We have never been disappointed. We even like the buffets such as the Mexican and the International. Last year we tried to go to the Italian buffet on Friday night but it was cancelled due to a large corporate party eating elsewhere and they did not have the numbers. So we got our choice of the ala cartes. We will try again for the Italian if we can stay over a Friday. Whatever, you will never go hungry at the Grand.

16. Re: The Grand's restaurant reservation system..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014