We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

The latest reviews on IBG are all over the place. Heading down in a few weeks for the first time and it’s not so much that I’m concerned with resort’s quality or service, but with the type of guests who stay at the Grand. Granted there are some horrible reviews lately, mostly about the food, but the people posting the bad reviews don’t seem to be your average relaxed or fun-loving vacationer. I’ve travelled more than the average person. I’m not looking for a party atmosphere but enjoy being on a resort with like minded people. Any insight or experiences as to IBG’s atmosphere would be most appreciated!

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

Just like any other event You may attend. You can never tell. But I am beginning to see that when there are large corporate groups is when Clientele class goes down. Remember its not their Money that was spent on the trip. And they do not get to choose what resort they go to. the higher-ups choose for them.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

I have to agree with you on this one, I to will be there next month and I am going to have a nice chilled out time,sure that I will find something nice to eat and not starve. I have done a lot of research on this hotel and will be on a plane for over 10 hours to get there I just know it will be special and I am still excited..... A holiday is what you make it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

Thanks Ragtop and Latics! Ive been thinking "I really hope there's not a corporate group when I go." I could def seen the bad reviews coming from that. "nice chilled out time" !!! I couldn't have said it better. I've done aton of research into IBG also and the bad reviews just don't add up. Well, 23 days and counting! Can't wait!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,376 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

Please read my post (link provided below). I am still here and think these reviews are very unfair. The staff members here work so hard and I really find these reviews totally inaccurate.

tripadvisor.com/…33045090

Baltimore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

I agree , I will be there June 9 for my fith visit and have never had a bad vacation.

Also take that are first trip to the Grand was during Hurricane Dean in 2007.

We still had a great time.

I wouldnt think this trip would be any less.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

I have been following your live posts Michelle, and really look forward to them everyday. I am so glad you are having a great time. Thanks for taking the time to write them.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,376 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

Yes you really SHOULD look forward to this place and take the negative reviews worth a grain of salt! I discussed with everyone in the pool today and no one we talked to agrees with them at all. You will have a great time!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

Thanks so much everyone!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

Thanks so much everyone!

10. Re: IBG Jekyll & Hyde Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 29, 2012