We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
montreal
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

anyone knows I much that would cost

and how much to go shopping to cancun later and how much to go to playa del carmen

thanks

NY
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

I have been told it was 20.00 us one way to both places. They have posted in the lobby of the hotel.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

We just got back from the Beach. Cabfare to the airport was $32.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

Sorry forgot to post that there is a shuttle bus to Playa del Carmen from the hotel which costs $4.

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

It's my understanding that it's usually cheaper to use a private transfer from the airport to your resort. This is because taxis at the airport have to pay a special tariff in order to be allowed to pick up passengers and they pass this tariff on to you.

However, the tariff doesn't apply to taxis dropping people off at the airport.

HTH

montreal
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

thanks for your replies. how can I book a private transfer?

My tour company charges 28$ per person. we are 3 people so I would rather pay a cab and get there faster...

montreal
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

titangirl : is the shuttle to playa offered by the hotel or you are talking about the collectivo? I used to take the collectiivo when I go to Mexico but with a baby and a stroller I do not think that would be a good idea.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

If you search for "private transfers" you'll get a ton of hits but the most often mentioned companies (all of whom come VERY highly recommended) are, in no particular order:

USA Transfers

Cancun Valet

Cancun Transfers

Best Day

Lomas

AGI

I think Lomas offer the option of a shared (as opposed to completely private) transfer where they may load up the van with more people going to your resort. This could be a less expensive option for you if budget is a concern.

Edited: 12:26 pm, January 26, 2010
Mentioned in this post
USA Transfers
USA Transfers
8,571 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

Book your transfer in advance, we set it up to pay upon arrival we did cancuntransfers.com and it was gonna be $95 both ways for 5 people. When I got my tickets/info from my TA the transfers were included, originally I was told something like $30 additional per person. So I canceled the private transfer, so you may be surprised and the transfers may be included.

If all you want to do is shopping, then either plan a trip to Playa or Cancun they both seem to have the same stuff at the same prices. The shuttle from the resort to Playa is very reasonable at $4 . Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

Mom04bys - this may not apply to you but my experience with "included transfers" is that they involve a large bus. Not only do you have to wait at the airport for them to fill up, possibly waiting specifically for a guest or two who may have been ensnared by the timeshare sharks, but you may also have to endure dropping many other travellers off at their resorts before you reach yours.

Some people relish this experience - they get to receive all sorts of information from the company rep about the general area, sip on a cold beverage or two and generally enjoy the camaraderie of the bus. Plus, the cost is usually significantly less than a private transfer.

I've tried the bus thing and don't enoy it. By the time I finally get to Cancun, I just want to get to my resort and relax - and taking any sort of bus just doesn't play into that very well, so I prefer to use a pre-arranged private transfer. IMHO, the luxury of having someone there to "take care of me" is worth every penny of the extra cost.

YMMV

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo?

Included transfers can vary. Olympus Tours did our transfers for our TA, and they did not use buses. They used 15 passenger vans...trying to keep it to 2 or 3 stops max per van. We were the first of two stops for our van...about a 15 minute wait for the van to leave. 15 minutes didn't really bother me.

Now, I refuse to use big bus transfers. Those can take forever.

I always ask my TA what transfers she can afford "included" and then decide from there if I'll take them or book my own/rent a car.

Mentioned in this post
Olympus Tours
Olympus Tours
2,268 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico