We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

I have never used a babysitter while away at a resort. I know all the big resorts do offer them at a surcharge and would like to hear if anyone has used one for small children and if this is safe?

When on holidays you are very cautious with your kids and protective not to have them lost. I would love to get a dinner in once while away with my spouse but feel nervous . Wanted to hear if anyone had good experiences?

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

Hi, Stayed at the Iberostar Maya Aug 2005 with family, including 3 yrs old grandson. Went to the Gourmet restaurant one night and arranged for a babysitter - it turned out she was actually the day-time concierge in our building. He was sleeping when she arrived (we had a latish reservation, prolly 9pm) and was sleeping when we got back (about midnight). The babysitter was still sitting in the same chair as she was when we left, with her purse over her shoulder - I don't think she moved!......or took her eyes off of him the whole time! We had left snacks, drinks and told her to turn on the tv if she wanted (nothing would waken him!:):), but she didn't eat, drink or I presume turn on the tv. She appeared to be a very nice young woman and we had NO problems at all.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
941 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

Just my opinion.....would you hire someone you don't know anything about at home? I never did and didn't on vacation either. It is up to you...don't mean to step on anyones toes but is it worth the risk for those few hours? My kids are teens now so I watch them in a different way. I wouldn't advise using a stranger to my friends. Are you going with anyone you can trade babysitting nights with?? Go with your gut !!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

This is kinda how I feel. We are using a new babysitter this friday who is through a girlguides group. Dont know a thing about her except spoke to her leader so we are only going for 2 hours for dinner.

We dont have family help and dont get out often enough without our kids so one night out on holidays would be very nice. I still feel nervous and probably wont go ahead with it.

We were to go with another couple but they have not commited so we are going to book our trip before it is sold out.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

I'd have to agree. I've read nothing but good things about the babysitting service here and I'm sure if anyone had a problem with I would have read it but I raised 6 kids and never went anywhere except if I had a sister, niece or Grandmother to babysit (and that was only if we had a wedding or the occasional going out to dinner). Unfortunately we all don't have that family support and have to obviously go out sometimes. I found that it helps to get referrals from different other parents (our friends) and ask them who they use etc. This resort is so up there on their service I can't imagine that these babysitters would ever stray from what they are hired to do. These jobs are their livelyhood and they don't want to loose them. Just my opinion. I feel they will be like the previous poster said. Do the job and nothing else. It's a tough decision. Obviously if you could bring a niece, nephew, or grandma with you to babysit sometimes it would be better but if you can't then you have to decide yourselves. No one else can make that decision for you.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

I have used babysitting services at Pan Pacific Hotel once and had a wonderful experience and have had friends use babysitting services in 4 star or more resorts.

Never had a problem I would advise anyone to USE THEM and have a great evening :)

6. Re: Anyone used a Iberostar babysitter to go 4 dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 13, 2009