We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I change Dreams resort to another

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Should I change Dreams resort to another

We are due to go to Dreams La Romana on 21st May & have been seeing a lot of reviews about sickness there, IYHO's do we need to worry, is it a personnel hygiene problem, or is it the resort, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Should I change Dreams resort to another

Some people also forget that they can get the virus from other guests, or already at home or on the way here and usually end up blaming it at the resort. Norovirus or any virus travels with people all over the world.

I was sick and don't go to any resorts, so were my friends in Europe, States and Canada at the same time. So it's not only Dreams resort :)

Denise

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Should I change Dreams resort to another

Yes thats right Demi, we too have had Norovirus in the college that I work and town. I was victim, horrible illness. So once it is brought into an establishment by people,it is so highly contageous, it is difficult to combat, which is why EVERONE needs to be very careful with their hygeine routine, and the hotel do everything it can to prevent it spreading. It would appear that Dreams have good hygiene standards and are doing this.

13. Re: Should I change Dreams resort to another

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 02, 2015