We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams preferred club

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams preferred club

Hello. We are 2 families in process of booking Dreams LA Romana. We see that preferred club adds substantially to the overall cost per family and I am wondering if we dont go preferred will we regret it? Also can I upgrade once there?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams preferred club

We (family of 4, our kids are 9 & 10) were just there in December and did not stay in preferred. Our room was very nice and we spent most of our time each day at the beach or in the infinity pool.

If they have availability in Preferred, they'll offer you the upgrade when you arrive. Besides getting to eat breakfast at the SeaSide Grille, I can't see what the real benefit is (considering it's quite a bit more expensive) to going preferred. The preferred pool is quite a walk to the beach/main & infinity pools/watersports centre, etc.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them or PM me.

Good luck deciding.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams preferred club

Thank you so much. I was surprised at his much it was and was worried that maybe it was necessary to upgrade. But I am mostly looking for beach and we are all easy to please food wise. What building would you recommend by the way? I am reading some are renovated? And what floor did you stay on? Thank you.

Edited: 5:22 pm, January 31, 2014
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams preferred club

We did not do preferred there and if I went again I don't think I would go preferred. If you want the very private and relaxing pool of preferred club and that is important to you then it would probably be worth it. The preferred club beach area is not exactly the best location. I guess you do get Seaside Grill breakfast - that is a perk.

I do preferred club at Dreams Punta Cana because I think it is the in the best location. Not private but actually in the central action area. So it is convenience then having it right there.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams preferred club

I had to make a choice between Now Larimar in Punta Cana and Dreams LA Romana. I have never been to DR and I couldn't choose between the endless miles of Punta Cana or the Caribbean sunsets of LA Romana. I wanted to choose best entry point to experience DR. Your responses have been really helpful!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams preferred club

The two resorts we've been to in DR are Now Larimar and Dreams La Romana. We were building 4 at DLR - facing the main pool - wasn't too noisy for us at night but we usually went to bed when the entertainment was over. Both resorts have their pros and cons but you can't beat the calm, turquoise, warm waters of DLR! Oh ya, the pizza place next to the main pool has great pizza too!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams preferred club

When we were traveling with our kids we never took any upgrades at all the resorts we visited There was no benefit just extra cash out of your pocket especially if your kids are in the 12-18 age range because most places charge adult rate for this age group. When we were traveling with both kids in the 12-18 range we would always get 2 rooms since they were charging adult rates why shouldn't we benefit by having extra room. We would book it with me in one room and the wife in the other to get around the over 18 rule we would put in a request for adjoining rooms. most of the time we got them sometimes the rooms were across the hall from each other. The extra beds and bathrooms when we were doing It was a big plus. Resorts make big money from the 12-18 kids. They can't drink so the resort saves on booze and there really not interested in the better meals or in the al la cartes Hamburgers French fires or spaghetti from the buffet was pretty much the norm when we were traveling.

Save the cash for excursions or souvenrirs.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams preferred club

You have explained us perfectly token22. We are taking two rooms my husband and 14 yr old sin in one and my 18 yr old daughter and I in the other. They wouldn't allow us on same room like we usually travel. Its a whole new thing now that she's 18!! But its great to know that we were right not to go for the extra 148 per person per night its like 2300 more for the weeek. Silly. Thanks again for advice.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams preferred club

I remember those days when we took our boys to either PC or Mexico. It usually was a great time. Once they made friends who were also staying the week it was always "Hi Dad Having a good time gotta go" off playing beach vollyball or some other activities that the resort offered or just hanging on the beach with the other teens. Lunch usually last 10min for them a burrger or pizza and gone.

The only bad part was paying for 4 adult rates. We always went to either the middle of the road resorts or the better ones but i realized what mattered most was there ability to find other teens staying the week. Dreams does offer this. When I went through the reviews most of the reviews by families were usually positive. Its the reviews by couples or groups that are always more critical of a resort. Enjoy your vacation

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams preferred club

Thank you. it does stink to pay adult rates for a 14 year old. I guess my husband and I will have to drink his share ;)...I also heard that their are plenty of teens at this resort. fingers crossed.

10. Re: Dreams preferred club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 04, 2015