We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
313 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

Hi all

Not an expert at snorkelling but do like to have a dabble. I have heard that the snorkelling off the beach is pretty good but my question is do you need water shoes? I have some but don't want to pack them if they are not necessary.

Thanks in advance

Steve (aka BathRugbyMan)

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

When feeding the fish, bread is not recommended as it is not a natural food source. If you go to a pet store that has fish, they sell fish food for salt water fish. Basically freeze dried krill, and I would put a bit in a zip lock baggy when I went out snorkling. The fish were attracted to the feed just as well as bread, and it was not hurting them. Please plan ahead.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
53 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

We just booked Dreams LR tonight!! I am super excited. The snorkelling is a big draw for us with this particular resort, so I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather and clear water. :)

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

Good point HappyCampersCanada about the bread!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

How far is Dreams from the cruise port

and

How much is the cab

and

How do I get a day pass

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

Hi Janferg

For more information on day passes, please email me at econcierge.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

kind regards

Louise

16. Re: Dreams La Romana - Snorkelling off the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 20, 2014