We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus or Dreams La Romana

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic

Hello everyone in need of a little help.

Two couples in late 40ies early 50ies trying to figure out which to go too. Been to the DR before but not to Bayahibe/La Romana area before.

Looking for comments pros/cons one against the other. (We are going Nov.29-Dec.13 this year)

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus or Dreams La Romana

Hola: That is a tough one. If it your first time to the south coast then I would lean towards Dreams la Romana. You can walk down the beach into Bayahibe which is a plus. But we also love Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus. That is our "dos pesos" worth of info. You wouldn't miss either way.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus or Dreams La Romana

i am booked at IHD nov 29th to dec 6th. the choice might have been made already. none of the major sites have this week available anymore including iberostar itself. as far as dreams i am only seeing the preferred rooms. but check with them real soon before you put your vacation time in at work. this might be because of thanks giving weekend. cheap caribbean was the last to have it stopped yesterday. best of luck on your search.

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus or Dreams La Romana

i would suggest doing a week at dreams and then a week at iberostar when reservations are open.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,429 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus or Dreams La Romana

We are Ibero fans (mainly for the Ibero Tucan in PDC), but we've been researching both the Dreams and Ibero Hacienda Dominicus resorts for some time (since a cruise there almost 2 years ago) and we chose the Dreams property because we are AMResort members. But having already been to Bayahibe we like being able to walk into town from Dreams. We say a little of both and they both look nice so we can't help either. I'd say just read the reviews here (and also on the ibero board site for the IHD) to get a better feel for both. Tough choice! But we chose the same area of DR for the beauty and available excursions from Bayahibe.

http://www.ib-board.com/boards/index.php#4

Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus or Dreams La Romana

We just got back from ihd had the best hols ever staff are great $20 dollars in taxi to town they wait for you so thats good. It was mine and my husbands first trip to DR and we will be retruning to ihd

6. Re: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus or Dreams La Romana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 02, 2014