We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Romana vs Samana or Cuba

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
La Romana vs Samana or Cuba

We can get El Portillo, Samana for about the same prices as Playa Pesquero, Holguin Cuba and also Iberostar Ensenachos, Cayo Santa Maria Cuba.

Iberostar Hacienda Dominican La Romana and Dreams La Romana are about $200-$300 more and wondering if they are worth the extra money. All these hotels are 4.5*- 5*

Anyone been to these hotels and can comment on how they compare?

Group of 10 people ages 20-75 and the older folks are pretty active and enjoy dancing.

Important to us:

Nice light sand beach with lots of lounge chairs. Safe for walking and no hassles.

Good food quality. Some of our family get sick easily (Mexico) and concerned about food.

International liquor. Rum, gin, tequila, beer and vodka drinkers.

Good pools and swim up bar would be nice that is warm enough to swim in late February.

A quiet section or adult area to chill out away from kids.

Music or dancing entertainment in the evening. Doesn't have to be a party place tho.

Thanks very much for any help. We are not familiar with these area at all.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: La Romana vs Samana or Cuba

Oops, sorry Funtimes, thought you meant the op Adanac55 and were referring to him generically as Traveler.

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: La Romana vs Samana or Cuba

no problem gwnorth. big bite very informative! adnanc55 i am going to the iberostar for my 4th time nov 29th yes it is worth it. i have met people that also went to dreams and loved it. i did see better pricing today for dreams. but still 5 to 6 hundred more then the iberostar. if you have questions you can email me. also check out the reviews and pictures on here. as far as cuba even when travel restrictions are lifted. not until the cuban government gives its own people freedom of movement and other freedoms i would go. the day ball players don't have to flee to the dominican republic for the freedom to play MLB. and there families don't have to suffer for it. the cuban people just last year are allowed to stay at the resorts if they have the money. embargo is outdated but so are the castro's government. i have nothing against anyone else going after all freedom is a wonderful thing.

13. Re: La Romana vs Samana or Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 28, 2014