We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool floaties at Dreams

Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Pool floaties at Dreams

Hello, my husband and i are going to dreams in May!! Are you allowed to have floats in the pool? do they provide these or can we bring our own? THANKS!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pool floaties at Dreams

I've heard a few reviews of the loungers on the beach being a bit knackered and need replacing and I've seen on a few youtube videos of the beach that this is correct.

So i'll be taking inflatable loungers I think. At least nobody can put their towel on them to reserve them if there's a shortage :)

Just glad I won't be there when harveydog22 is, with his needle !

Edited: 6:28 am, March 25, 2013
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
523 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pool floaties at Dreams

I have stayed in blocks 4 and 5 which are either side of the main pool.

For quiet i would say block 3 is ideal as it is near enough t everything without getting the noise. every block will have the odd drunk (with a huge thermos vessel) stagger through at some stage.

Bear in mind if you need morning or evening sun if you are going to request a room.

With regard to the sun lounger condition, just check the back rest for cracks as they are constantly in use and do carry some weight dressed in stars and stripes. Sorry, didnt mean to offend. I can say that as my nickname is Sumo.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pool floaties at Dreams

Thank you harvey dog , keep up the good work on here !!!

julie

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Pool floaties at Dreams

yes, floaties are available on sale at the souvenir shop, and yes they will inflate your if you bring your own. (well, at least they will lend you the inflating pump!)

I personally dont find a problem with the loungers. They are just like in any other resort really

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Pool floaties at Dreams

I am the originator of this thread about the floaties. I am at the resort as I speak and sitting at the pool in the preferred club area. I have a floatie which I am using without and problems. You have to remember that as an adult I am only in the pool for a short time. I had it blown up at the Gri gri diver booth at edge of the resort.

Next time I will go to an all adult or adult pool because it is the kids in the preferred pool that take up all the room with floaties not to mention the squeals and shrieks from the kids. I love kids, have 2 grandchildren of my own but will choose an adult pool or resort next time. Lots of kids and floaties in the other two pools.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Pool floaties at Dreams

Go out in the ocean - we spent our afternoons floating in front of the resort, drink in hand, watching the volleyball games.

17. Re: Pool floaties at Dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2014