We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

milton keynes
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

Can anyone tell me why this resort is getting so many bad Reviews i have a open mind and have been to many resorts around the world and have booked to go to this resort later this year with my family of six , i am starting to feel we have made a big mistake or have we ........ in the past trip adviser has been very helpful and not far of the truth Regards mossy

milton keynes
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

Hi all its been a long time since i started this thread all Reviews were getting good .... wait for for it just read latest Review LOL .. i think they must mean anorther Hotel surely not Dream La Romna Regards Mossy

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

Well, it just sounds as though they had higher than warranted expectations. I don't think there are many 5 star resorts in the whole of the DR - many 5 of them out of the hundreds.

One wonders, though, if they loved the iberostar so much why they have not reviewed it?

Bebington, United...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

I haven't been on the forum for along time, but was looking at our photos last night which brought back some fabulous memories.

I read that last review and thought the same. And if the buffet was so bad there are 7 other restaurants, snack bar, coffee shop and 24 hr room service. Why did they keep going back.

Bad reviews often seem to be quite anonymous , ie one review, no forum contributions. Very little background on travelling habits to allow you to make an informed decision.

We loved DLR, in fact we have loved all of the Dreams resorts we have stayed in. would recommend them to anyone.

NY
Level Contributor
681 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

I'm hoping to travel to DLR for the first time sometime in June - plans still not set in stone.

I too read that review and wondered why they didn't review Iberostar as well.

I too wondered, if they preferred room service, why didn't they stick to that, or just stick with the a la cartes.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

I see you went to Dreams last June we are going this June, what was the weather like.

Regards

Steve

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

We were there last May and the weather was perfect. A couple of short showers, but mainly at night.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

You can look at the June weathaer on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe

Usually June is nice and hot, we might get some quick 5 - 10 minute showers and back to sunshine right after. Daily temperatures are around 30 - 31C / 86 - 88 F, at night 25 - 27C / 77 - 79F.

Watch Bayahibe live at www.bayahibewebcam.com

Denise

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

Went 7th June to 22nd June 2012 weather was really hot, there was one day when it was overcast/rainy but was still really hot never ruined our holiday at all, this year going on 22nd June to 6 July. What date are you going?

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
408 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

Hi Dotneko, it's dawn & jack here from England, hope you are both keeping well, just glancing at DLR posts and saw your name, are you going back this year?

For info: we have been to DLR 3 x in the past 24 months and never had any stomach problems

Relax and enjoy

Sheffield, england
Level Contributor
408 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: Dreams La Romana Bad Reviews

Hi Dotneko, it's dawn & jack here from England, hope you are both keeping well, just glancing at DLR posts and saw your name, are you going back this year?

For info: we have been to DLR 3 x in the past 24 months and never had any stomach problems

Relax and enjoy