We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on hotel & transport please

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on hotel & transport please

We are having a mini family get together in the DR over the Christmas holidays. My son & his family have rented the 1 & only condo available on the beach in Bayahibe, so we would like to be as close as possible to them. I can't find any actual addresses for anythg there. :) I think his condo is near Pro-Excursions, since it is owned by the owner & advertised on their website. My questions are: 1.) Which nice hotel is the closest to his location? (I think it's Dreams La Romana or Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, but not sure. We were also considering Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas, if the gradchild could come use the water slide.) 2.) Do we need to rent a car? Our plan is just to hang out on the beach pretty much, so I was hoping we could walk or take cabs. However, I have a both back & feet problems that make much walking pretty much impossible. 3.) If we stay in an all inclusive hotel & my son & family want to join us there for meals occasionally, can they do so if they pay? What about if they want to join us at the pool or beach or bar at our hotel?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!! We are open to suggestions.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on hotel & transport please

The closest to the beach apartment would be Hotel Bayahibe, about a minute, but that is not an All Inclusive resort. The Dreams La Romana is about 15 - 20 minute beach walk, but of course you can take a taxi, Iberostar is about 5 minute car ride and Cadaques is about 10 minute ride.

Anybody who stays at Cadaques can use the water park, unless there is a height restriction as at any water park in the world. They have lots of water toys in the sea in the shallow water to enjoy, so I believe it would be fun. Cadaques is not AI resort, it is the newest addition in our area.

You can rent a car, but don't have to, you can get a taxi, 10 USD each way between Bayahibe and Dreams, unless you walk.

If you are at any AI your son & family have to buy a day pass, in Dreams 60 USD per person and it's for day hours between 10AM and 5 PM, kids up to 11 pay 50%. With the day they will have access to all the facilities included within the all inclusive program. Evening / night passes are 85$ US per person valid from 6 pm to 2 am, all food and drinks within the all inclusive plan are included.

For more info about Dreams email Kerry at info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

Denise

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on hotel & transport please

Thanks, Denise! We just booked the trip & will stay at Dreams. I can't wait. we have friends & relatives staying at 2 other places, so should be interesting....

3. Re: Need advice on hotel & transport please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 01, 2013