We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Live Canoa questions

new york
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Be Live Canoa questions

I booked a vacation at the "Be Live Canoa" in early July. I've never been to this part of DR before. I was wondering what I could expect weather wise at this time of year. Also, I'm traveling for the first time with my two year old. Any tips for toddler travel in this resort, or in general? Does anyone know how much babysitting might run? I know she would be too younr for any type of kids club, but I don't see that as a problem, she'll be more than happy with a pool and beach. What is the kids pool like? Is there a playground as well. I'm a bit confused about the very mixed reviews. We are not picky travelers and don't expect too much, so I'm hoping we'll be pleasantly surprised!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Be Live Canoa questions

July should be good, but you never know how the weather will change. It's not the same anymore :) I we go by statistics, we should get about 4 inches / 10 cm of rain during the whole month which is not bad. If we get showers, it usually rains at night, if it rains during the day, it's a quick shower and back to hot and sunny right after. Temp during the day around 32C / 90F, at night 25C / 77F.

You can see the current weather updates for Bayahibe / Dominicus at my FB page http://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe

or at http://www.discoverbayahibe.com

I cannot tell you much about the resort itself, but we had clients that stayed there with a 2 year old and 7 month old and they loved it. So I hope you will too.

Happy travel

Denise

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Be Live Canoa questions

We just returned and because this is a small quiet(not party) resort you should find it child friendly.

They have a small shallow pool that we saw kids playing in. Beach is calm , although steep to water but should be good for small ones. Bring a floatie should make the beach fun as well.

Have fun...nice resort.

canada
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Be Live Canoa questions

been to this resort four times now..twice as Canoa by Hilton..once when it was managed by OASIS resorts as Oasis Canoa..(gave bad review..management issues only..) and returned early this year to stay at it as Be Live Canoa.

we had a great time. I did not see the shallow pool for kiddies in any of my trips but travelling as a forties couple with grown kids i will be honest and say we never looked for it lol.. NOW i hope the shallow pool that bobroswill is talking about is not in fact one of the jacuzzi pools..there jets were never on and we did see kiddies in them.. if i were travelling with kids and this was the extent of the kiddies pool..i may be disappointed as it is not very large..and shade is not really there.

I can tell you that the staff there LOVE kids..and yours will be entertained..lol..do NOT panick if one of the staff grabs your child and hugs and kisses..it is normal there.

enjoy the resort. we are travelling to Punta cana again for our two week fall getaway..however we will likely return to canoa in jan for our group vacation with friends.

Lynn

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
607 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Be Live Canoa questions

Hey Lynn,

I've seen you on a ton of Punta Cana forums, so I trust your input. Am looking at a family trip with my inlaws in their 70's down to niece and nephew ages 9 -12. I know you didn't travel with kids, but you say you witnessed kids having fun! That is very important because happy kids make the rest of the group happy :)

Can you send me a link to any reviews you have posted to this resort? I'm trying to research as much as possible, but we will be timeshare travelling for the first time (somewhere just after Christmas - inlaws timeshare) so we need to get this info ASAP to be able to book through the timeshare co.

I would go back to PC (Ambar or Pardisus) but there are no good options this way.

Thanks!

5. Re: Be Live Canoa questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 17, 2014