We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I switch from Dreams to Iberostar?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Should I switch from Dreams to Iberostar?

My family (2 adults 2 kids 6/9) are booked in a Preferred room at Dreams in early April for 8 nights. Unfortunately reading these negative reviews of the food is a little worrisome. I contacted my travel agent to inquire on switching to the Iberostar if we wanted and was given a quote of 350. Does anyone familiar with both resorts thinks its a wise move to pay extra to go from a preferred room at Dreams to a standard room at Iberostar? Thanks!

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I switch from Dreams to Iberostar?

I know widely both properties, and in my opinion you would be making a huge miskate changing from Dreams to Iberostar.

Dreams is a much better property in all ways, and specially your kids will love much more the Dreasd than the Iberostar. They have tons of things to do at dreams, with unnumerousr amount of games and activities.

I sincerely dont understand the late comments on food at dreams, cause I find it much better at Dreams that Iberostar. But of course they are all inclusive resorts, not gourmet restaurants from Michelin guide, and I guess some poeples expectations are far too high???

You have many more options on restaurants at dreams, with no need of reservation, and even a thematic restaurant opened at linch time too. That believe me, you dont have it at Iberostar.

What I can assure you is that drinks are a heck of a lor better at Dreams too. Much better brands, much wider variety of cocktails, and man, what gourgeous presentation and service, even at the beach. (cause Iberostar beach service sucks let me tell you...)

Rooms, specially matress and linens, are much better in Dreams too. sorry to mention this, but Its something I look out a lot!!!

A few weeks ago I had to be at both properties on the same weekened, and this particular thing about the matress and linensn was a HUGE difference!!!

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I switch from Dreams to Iberostar?

Thanks so much for the detailed response. Also glad you mentioned the bedding! Quality of sleep goes a long way in making a vacation more enjoyable.

ontario
Level Contributor
600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I switch from Dreams to Iberostar?

i can fully agree with Monica with all comments involving Dreams.My experience there January 2011 was above average.And the food was the best I have experienced in 20 years of all inclusives.Give Dreams a chance ,you wont be disappointed

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I switch from Dreams to Iberostar?

Most people dont comment about bed quality and linnens, and to me thats one of the things that mark a big difference between one Hotel and another.

The best sleep Ive ever had in a Hotel in DR has been at Dreams La Romana.

I was at Prefferred Club, but my friends werent and their bed/linnens was just as good.

There is another detail I like about this property, which is that in most Hotels you are offered one brand of local beer, or maybe two if you are lucky! but in Dreams you are offered FOUR brands in bottle: Presidente, Miller, Budweiser and Corona.

5. Re: Should I switch from Dreams to Iberostar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, January 14, 2013