We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

chesterfield
Level Contributor
73 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

Well first of all i got back 10 hours ago and there was no sign of any checks or swine flu at punta cana airport.. now onto the the airport itself, possibly the nicest airport ive been too barring if u decide to buy anything as this were they charge big time ie bag of cheetos 7usd ,pringles 7usd ,water 3 usd, You cant take anything into the airport forcing you to buy there... 20usd or 800peso for exit... Now onto the resort after the hour and half transfer with lewis hamilton driving a dodgy coach we finally arrived and to be honest this resort its fantastic everything you could need and everyone catered for, everyone has a smile on their face it really was a pleasure to be there ,if you cant enjoy it here then travelling really isnt for you,If you are wanting to book a suite then book it when you get there as its half the cost of what you would pay when booking at home Then onto the trips or buying any gifts,firstly trips,i travelled with thomson and sarah the rep was great apart from selling us the jeep safari!! it is a good trip but not worth 99usd per person ,All the trips i found to be expensive especially the 400usd they wanted for swimming with dolphins!! you could buy your own dolphin for that,If you do one trip just make sure its saona island!! Now onto the shopping, simply dont buy anything at the cost they say as you will be getting ripped off try dividing it by 10 and your getting somewhere near.. Hope my thread helps ,, overall a great holiday and cant say enough good things about dreams la romana

florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

I've been following your posts and am going in May. I know you are also a manufan (like us) but we are also Formula 1 fans. Did you get to see any games and or formula 1 and if so, where did you view them? Thanks for any info.

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

hey reddevil -- How is Dreams as far as being good for couples and/or families? My fiance and I booked a Secrets adults-only resort in Mexico for our honeymoon (supposed to leave in a month) but are thinking of switching because of the swine flu epidemic. Secrets will let us switch to a Dreams in the DR without penalties, but we're not sure if Dreams is quite what we had in mind or not.

chesterfield
Level Contributor
73 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

well in the corezone at the DLR you can watch the odd soccer match but the united game wasnt on when i was there!! i was gutted!! the f1 dont think you will have a problem with though they have most sport on channel espn2 ,when you are there you seem to forget time and what day it is so keep a watch on your clock, the resort itself is great and even if your racing isnt on theres always the internet cafe were you can keep up to date with whats happening it cost 250 peso per half hour if that helps

chesterfield
Level Contributor
73 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

regarding your question abour dreams or secrets, i cant imagine anyone not having a great time at dreams but remember that secrets its adults only dreams isnt but that shouldnt put you off as the resort is really large and its not overrun with families, also the restaurants have a very adult theme so you can be on your own and peaceful or just join in the fun!! please visit saona though me and my partner just fell in love with it. It really is paradise . If you do choose dreams then you will not go far wrong! hope you have a great time

NY
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

reddevilChesterfield your getting me more excited I actaully had plans for Mexico cancelled that and ending up in Dreams with in 7 days...

Can a ask a questions do people bring there own mugs or cups to the pool bars etc? Cause I know AI always have small cups and to getting up every 20 minutes is not good...LOLOL I want ot relax

the saona island trip did you book this from the hotel itself? How much per person and what does it include......was the resort at FULL capacity? Thanks in advance for

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

reddevil,

So glad you had a great trip to DLR, we are going in 4 weeks and cant wait.

Did you have a standard room or did you up-grade to Preferred Club?....If not did you feel that you missed out by not going Preferred Club.

Cat.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

Jinx, you can definitely bring your own mug, and it's recommended! You can keep sand and bugs out of your glass and keep it frosty cool for longer.

With the upgrade to Dreams, this hotel uses a better quality plastic glass, big and often in the cocktail glass shape with stem and tulip top, etc. A nice change! I keep my insulated mug full of lots of ice and agua so I can be sure I'm staying truly hydrated and not just "hydrated" with alcohol!

teheteha, while I've found children to generally be well behaved at the resort a la cartes, the Bordeaux restaurant (French) is actually adults only. To make your vacation as romantically special as you want, talk to concierge about booking the romantic dinner for two with your own waiter on the pier. It's a real memory maker!

Kaki

chesterfield
Level Contributor
73 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

well jinx u can book the saona trip on the beach or at the resort we booked at the resort ,it was a bit more cash but it was the real deal. dinner included on the island as well as all of your drinks we also stopped off to swim with stingrays and had photos with starfish all for around 50 english pounds each. also the massages on the island are a lot lot cheaper than the hotel around 20 pound for full body massage on the beach in paradise! the one thing i will say is dont exchange your cash at the hotel it was only 45peso to the pound compared to the 49.2 peso i got back home in the uk. so always ask at your travel agenents for the very best rate because the one u see on the window is the one people get that dont ask, your gonna love dreams trust me

chesterfield
Level Contributor
73 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

well regarding the rooms it really depends,We had a standard room number 4308 and it was perfect we could watch the entertainment from the balcony and the noise stops at 11 but it aint everynite anyway.. the upgraded rooms i asked to have a look round just to see what the fuss was about and they really are great but the offer at the hotel was to upgrade to a suite for an extra 90usd per nite per room which is good as the standard price is usually 100usd per person per nite.. Myself i dont spend much time in the room and i think standard is well adequate but if it were a special occasion i would book standard then upgrade at the reception as this is a lot cheaper way to do it, u can also have a look round to see if u like before u buy... my favourite block was block 4 as i like to be near everything this was the one i requested to kerry on the front desk and i got what i asked for which i really apprieciated!! The staff really do put you first at the resort....

derbyshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: just back from dreams la romana 10 hours ago

Thanks for the info ive found it realy helpfull, will definately be booking saona island! reading on the website ive noticed there is a pool for preffered club gests only, is this the infinity pool?