We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

I have found a special with nice flights into Santo Domingo and staying at Dreams La Romana. Can anyone tell me how far this hotel is from the SAnto Domingo airport?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

Give or take...90 minutes. It's not taken me more than that, unless I've made a stop en route. (For clarification, the airport is 30 minutes east of the city. We can't use the 90 minute travel time when talking about the distance between the hotel and the city of Santo Domingo.)

It's a beautiful drive! I recommend your taking this offer for value and the entire experience. It's a good airport too.

Kaki

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

and the Dreams hotel? They do not offer us the prefered rate, so we will just be a regular guest...will that make a difference with the restaurants and the bars? Many people get that, but can we enjoy ourselves with just the regular service. I am travelling with my daughter before her wedding..our last trip together..so I really want this to be nice. I don't want to feel like we are out in left field because we didn't pay for the VIP service. Thanks so much for your input.

Carol

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

Preferred or not makes no difference anywhere except the Preferred Club. If you're not PC, you haven't access to that area (the pool, bar and club room). If you are PC, don't expect preferential treatment elsewhere. The staff, from bartenders to waiters to entertainment don't know who's who unless you're an ultra VIP which most of us are not! You will have full access to all restaurants and services so don't worry!

Kaki

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

thanks so much! I was worried that we wouldn't get good service unless we were in the prefered club!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

I've really enjoyed my three visits to this hotel with my mom. The entire staff calls her "Mama" and you'll likely get that too! It's a great place for all ages and all vacations. It's perfect for romance and families and a friends getaway. When are you looking at going, Carol?

Kaki

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

May 25th for 4 nights...either here or Negril, Jamaica...I just can't decide. My daughter has never been to an island in the caribbean (I have, many), so I really want this to be a pleasant experience.

Carol

7. Re: Distance to Dreams for SDQ airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, October 07, 2009