We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any la romana info ????? getting worried!!!

Level Contributor
75 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
any la romana info ????? getting worried!!!

read so many complaints ?? any info would be great?? is there any bars in bayahibe?? is it safe to walk about etc!!! how much are the excursions??

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any la romana info ????? getting worried!!!

Just replied to you other post:

Hi tehre RedDevil!

Here is the map of the resort so you can see the layout:

Building 5 and 7 are the Preferred Club area, Bldg 3 and 4 are the most newely redecorated and bldg 1 and 3 were done just last year...

I was just the and enjoyed, Portofino, Bordeaux and Seaside Grill.

I have been there many times before when it was SUNscape and LOVED the food...never had a bad meal myself...

Here is where you can see my latest pics:

and here is where you can explore my albums and see the many albums that are labled as CDM from my previous trips

If you decide you would like to send a request down here is the email for Kerry...

Kerry Cosentino

When writing it is easier to let them know what you are looking for in a room giving them more lee way rather than asking for a certain room or building...

You know a request is just that...and they try their best but it is all due to availability.

I would be happy to try and asnwer any question you may have.

Please be on the look out for a PM from me, top right by your name is where you would find it.

Happy Travels!

Here is where you can check out the fun excursions that are availabe:

click on the pics to see more info for whatever you are interested in...there are prices listed on that link too

Like at home be cautious when you are walking around...I have enjoyed the time I have spent in the little village of Bayahibe and not been frightened..always aware of my surroundings...

Level Contributor
75 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any la romana info ????? getting worried!!!

thanks alot for the info.... glad it was you who replied as you seem to be in the know!! thanks alot and i will message you if i have any more questions

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any la romana info ????? getting worried!!!

I have a ton of info on excursions and outings in the area which I'd be happy to share but it's in the form of an e-mail so send me a note if you're interested.

I'm off to Dreams on Friday for 15 days. If you have particular questions, I can see about getting you answers and pictures!

If you're wise, it's totally safe in Bayahibe. I stayed there for 10 days last year in a guesthouse in the village. I've never really had any safety concerns but I keep my spidey-senses tingling at all times when I'm in a city or town of which I'm unfamiliar. There are a dozen places to stop for food and drink in the village and you can see a number of them in my album at travel.webshots.com/album/563221847ytecdr I have an album of the walk to and from Bayahibe and Dreams posted at travel.webshots.com/album/562927576OyccZt

There are 3 nightclubs in the area that you can visit, 2 of which require a cab.

For excursion suggestions and prices, kaki.ulan@sasktel.net

4. Re: any la romana info ????? getting worried!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, October 19, 2009