We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling USA From Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus & Room Safes

Little Silver, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Calling USA From Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus & Room Safes

Does Anyone know/recommend the least expensive way of calling New Jersey, USA from the IHD; buying a calling card, etc.

Are the Room Safes at IHD provided free of charge or are they extra and are they combination lock or key lock. Thanks, Gary

Mentioned in this post
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
uk
Level Contributor
867 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling USA From Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus & Room Safes

Just back from here, fantastic place. I don't know about the calls but the safes are $2 a night. One of ours had a key, both were also combination. You programed your own number. We had adjoining rooms. Nothing of ours went missing and we felt quite safe in this resort.

Little Silver, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling USA From Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus & Room Safes

Hi, Thanks for your info. We staid there last Nov but could not remember about the safes. How was the Weather and the Beach/Ocean? Gary

NJ
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling USA From Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus & Room Safes

Gary, Verizon is working there. We did not take any special plan and called and were getting calls. We could not access messages thou. I don't remember what charges were, they were not the same as in NJ, but they were acceptable.

This resort is fantastic. Have a happy travel!

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
790 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling USA From Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus & Room Safes

Hi last year we went to Mexico and I had AT&T I had international plan for 5 bucks I think it was 20cents a min. I will call them again to see if i can do it again except it will be DR. The last 2x's that we were there (2003-2004)they did not charge for the safe. Most resorts charge 2bucks a day. And as for the safety of the safes well hmmmmmmm. I'll go look in my past forums for Mexico guess they can get in easy! I'll check...........Just checked there was a link to a u tube video and I think it was removed. I do use the safe u make your own combo and if you get rob well you did your best! I don't bring too much cash and I am informing my c/c company of my trip and if there are any charges after we come the won't go through ( i hope )!!! Dec 4th is coming YIPPY!!!!!!

5. Re: Calling USA From Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus & Room Safes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 14, 2009