We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDM / Dreams La Romana

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
CDM / Dreams La Romana

I see that Dreams are now advertising Corezone Kids Club for kids 12-17 which would be perfect for me... does anyone know what date this will start?

Also any updates as to continuing works and officla changeover dates would be appreciated.

Leicester
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

Please PM me with any updates on building work - we're going on the 5th Jan.

Thanks

:-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
157 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

Husband and I will be there Jan 10th...hope it's all finished by then...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

Thanks mdldgl - it's nice to have an unbiased update.

.... we did book Dreams standards which would include all of the following:

Pool/beach towel service

Pool & beach waiter service

24 hour room service

Bathrobes and slippers

Wi-Fi Internet in room

Mini-bar/fridge

Iron and board

Ceiling fan

Desires Nightclub

Open-air theatre

7 bars

8 Restaurants (including buffet)

Explorers Kids \Club

Corezone Teens Club

Unlimited international and domestic premium brand alcoholic drinks

I'm now not even getting responses to my emails (to three persons at the hotel) so that does not boade well!!

belcamp
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

do they make bannana daqaries at casa del mar

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

Yes they do Jim...very good ones too!

And their signature Drink is the chichikakapooka!

A lovely mix of Cream of Coconut, Orange Juice and rum...

You can see it being made here in this video:

…webshots.com/video/3067854900056614800UYicce

Don't forget to try the "Drink of the Day" too...it is featured everyday in the SUNdial Newsletter and has a special placard at each bar...

…webshots.com/photo/2300105090056614800rTidVX

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

I am traveling in late December. I have contacted the hotel and the concierge has responded twice. He indicated that all construction will be done by December 10, 2008 although I recieved an e-mail from the person in England which seemed to indicate that there would be some construction on a kids pool and the club pool into January.

Atleast the the two posts on the main trip advisor site indicates that the hotel is nice, even with some construction going on and the room rate through Apple for the holidays is lower than other lesser rated hotels.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

Hi Larry!

Was wondering if your friend from England has been to CDM recently?

I spoke with Kerry who is thGuest Services Maneger on the phone yesterday and she told me the construction was going great! And that the new lobby should be open some time this week! Very exciting I can't wait to see it

There may be a few touches that are not up and running but it sounds to me like most everything should be done by the time you get there...

I wish I was going sooner but I must wait until January 9th.

Just in case you have not seen it...I have a little info album of CDM soon to be Dreams LaRomana here:

good-times.webshots.com/album/550289892IcWuFH

some things will change location but on the whole it should give you an idea ... Also on webshots I have many other albums of my trips there you can take a look at and get an idea why I love it so and keep going back...

Hope its is helpful

Happy Travels to you!

bb/mt

18. Re: CDM / Dreams La Romana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, October 11, 2009