We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IHD here we come...

essex
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
IHD here we come...

Hi Everyone,

We are off to IHD on Thursday :-)

Flying to Punta Can- been keeping an eye on the weather, fingers crossed we will have some nice days though.

Does anyone know if men are ok to wear trainer type plimsole shoes to the restaurants or does it have to be smart shoes?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah

england
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IHD here we come...

Hi

We got back from the IHD 3 weeks ago and have already booked to go back next year, it's fantastic!! I think you will be ok with plimsole style shoes but they are very keen on the shorts/shirts policy in the restaurants. We saw men getting turned away for turning up in shorts and sleeveless shirts/vests. They also need to wear long trousers in the a la carte restaurants.

Hope you have a superb time!

Black Country UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: IHD here we come...

ConcernedCheshire

Great to hear you had a good time, we are due to go in December.

Question ??????>>>>> Did you take malaria tablets and if so which type.

So many different opinions on this subject, it appears only Brits are prescribed whereas USA, Canada etc. do not recommend, especially for North Coast.

england
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IHD here we come...

Hi

Yes we did take Malaria Tablets although we were hardly bitten at all, just at the airport on the way home! We took AVLOCLOR which we got from Boots. Need to be taken a week before you go, whilst you are there then 4 weeks after return (7 weeks and 14 tablets in all). Beware... they taste disgusting!

essex
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: IHD here we come...

We have taken them too, we took the first 2 on Thursday eveing and then again this Thursday and there after for 6 weeks! I agree they taste horrible!!!!

Thank-you for the advice on the restaurants. We have packed several short sleeved shirts and trousers, do you think full length jeans would be okay- they are smart ones.

england
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IHD here we come...

Hi Sarah

I'm trying to remember if I saw any men in jeans..I'm not sure, but my daughter says there were teenage lads wearing them. So not much help there I'm afraid. Sorreee

6. Re: IHD here we come...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 18, 2009