We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Safari Accident by Basket Travel ?

Which Sarigerme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
4 posts
Save Topic
Jeep Safari Accident by Basket Travel ?

Is there anyone who knows anything that one of the basket travel agent made accident on 12.06.2012 and 3 guests injured badly and are in hospital now ?

herts
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jeep Safari Accident by Basket Travel ?

My comments have not been fake. I have only commented on what i experienced, which is what i believe is the purpose of trip advisor.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jeep Safari Accident by Basket Travel ?

OK, let’s get this in perspective. I can’t recommend Basket highly enough - they were so careful and considerate. My family and I have just returned from a holiday with First Choice and we went out three times with Basket, including the Jeep Safari, the Three-in-One Mudbath/Turtle Beach and a visit to the Turkish Bath. The quality of service from Basket was second to none. We were transported in a brand-new, fully air-conditioned coach for our first trip (the 3-in-1), and our guide, Kenan, went out of his way to inform and entertain us and to make sure that we really did get the most out of the day. He was genuinely keen to tell us all about his country; we couldn’t have wished for a better guide. What’s more, his English was brilliant! He even remembered us and spoke to us later in the week when we saw him sitting outside the Basket office in Sarigerme village.

In the case of the Jeep Safari, one significant difference between Basket and the First Choice version was that Basket used long-wheelbase Landrovers, as opposed to other 4X4’s; anyone who knows anything about real off-roading will know that real Landrovers are designed to tip to over 45 degrees before rolling. Obviously, it is possible to roll one, but only by bad driving, which the reported case seems to have been. I wouldn’t want to see a hard-working, family firm suffer because of one bad (or, perhaps, just over-enthusiastic and careless) driver they seem to have employed at one point. The really sad thing is that if I had read these reviews before booking, I would probably have been put off using this firm, which would have been totally unjustified and a big mistake.

I think another important point to consider, on the full-day trips, was the food. In both cases, it was excellent, with fresh buffet-style starters served from covered, refrigerated salad bars and drinks (the only payable extra) served at very reasonable prices.

One interesting point; there were restrictions on coaches stopping to pick up outside the hotel (we witnessed a short dispute with the traffic police)but we were told that TUI/First Choice won’t allow Basket to take their coaches into the grounds (although they do allow taxis), which might just be seen as a way of nobbling the competition - or am I just cynical?

dalyan
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Jeep Safari Accident by Basket Travel ?

I am afraid Natreyen has got the facts wrong concerning the accident where two people were killed it was not a Dalyan company in happened on the beach road near Dalyan but the company concerned were Sarigerme tours. When you go on these sort of things there is always a risk especially if it is on the road, and where water pistols are used. There are hundreds of these tours every year and very few accidents.

14. Re: Jeep Safari Accident by Basket Travel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sarigerme
Recent Conversations