We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer

london
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer

Me and my girlfriend are going to Kriopigi in august and wondered how far and long is the transfer from the airport? Also is it a nightmare journey? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kriopigi Hotel
Kriopigi Hotel
316 Reviews
Kriopigi, Greece
London
Level Contributor
862 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer

If you search on this subject you will find lots of responses!

Assuming you are travelling on the tour operator's coach it will take 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on how many drop-offs they have along the way. Less if you are driving or going by taxi.

It is not a nightmare journey at all (apart from the length). The first half is motorway, but still quite scenic, then once you get onto the peninsula the views are lovely and the roads are pretty good.

If you sit on the left side of the coach (facing in the direction of travel) you will have lovely views of the sea as you travel down the peninsula....

london
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer

Thank you, that sounds good, most google searches just said 100km but didn't mention the scenic views and as our flight lands in the afternoon I'm looking forward to the views. Thank you again.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer

Hiya Paul

We are just waiting for a flight home after a week in Kriopigi.

Our tour operator didn't offer transfers so I hired a small car from Avis for £113 for the week - it was half the price of the quoted taxi transfers I found, and gave us the freedom to sightsee on our own (and escape the hotel's dank food offerings).

It took me about an hour to drive from the airport to Kriopigi, there's a 2 lane motorway/ A road for a fair bit of the way, going to ordinary road over the bridge at Nea Potidea, and after Afitos. As the man from Avis said directions wise....

After you pick up the car - turn right out of the road the pick up point is on, go straight across the lights and take the slip road on the right signposted Nea Moudania, once on the motorway just keep going straight and you will come to Kriopigi.... He was right!

Mentioned in this post
Kriopigi Hotel
Kriopigi Hotel
316 Reviews
Kriopigi, Greece
Nea Potidea
Nea Potidea
Kassandra, Greece
Afitos
Afitos
Kassandra, Greece
Nea Moudania
Nea Moudania
Halkidiki Region, Greece
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer

The only problem is that in August it will be very crowded road, cause all people from Thessaloniki and nearby areas, especially in the weekends, go to Halkidiki and sometimes there is huge traffic, plus a lot of accidents.

Hope you will drive safe and get there easy!

Mentioned in this post
From Thessaloniki
From Thessaloniki
26 Reviews
Thessaloniki, Greece
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
Central Macedonia, Greece
Euston (Not the...
Level Contributor
31 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer

Paul

As CarolynUK said, it is sometimes more economic to hire a car than use taxis for airport transfer. Kriopigi Cars are excellent. We used them last year. You can start your rental from the airport. Drop them an email, you'll find them very helpful.

http://www.kriopigicars.net/cars/

Mentioned in this post
Kriopigi Hotel
Kriopigi Hotel
316 Reviews
Kriopigi, Greece
6. Re: Airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kriopigi
Recent Conversations
;