We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus, train

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
Save Topic
bus, train

I whant to visit Ronse, can I find a bus or train from Ronse to other cites?

I need also to go to Mont l'eclus , I can find a bus to Mont l'eclou?

TOVA

tovanof@bezeqint.net

2 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus, train

Mont-de-l'Enclus (Kluisbergen in Dutch) is near Ronse (Renaix in French), which has a railway station. It would have helped if you had said where you wanted to travel to Ronse FROM, but from Bruxelles-Central, for example, it takes 1h12 by train changing at Oudenaarde: destination of the first train is Kortrijk, and it leaves from Brussels stations Nord, Central and Midi in that order; destination of the second train is Ronse/Renaix (and it comes from, among other places, Gent St. Pieters so that would also be a convenient place to start if you didn't mean Brussels).

You will need to check exactly where you want to go in Mont-de-l'Enclus, as the French name doesn't come up in ANY bus timetable, only the Dutch name (Kluisbergen) does, for the Flemish bus company De Lijn. It is not impossible that addresses in French may be South of the town itself and so not on the bus route. Anyway, for the town of Kluisbergen, you can take bus 68, direction Avelgem from stand no. 5 outside Ronse railway station. It takes 22 mins to Kluisbergen, but it is very infrequent: departures are only at 07:59, 12:10, 16:17 and 17:29. Return departures to Ronse from Kluisbergen (Knoktstraat stop) are at 13:07 and 17:16 (there is also a possibility at 17:43, taking bus 68 (direction Ruien Kerk) to Berchem (Zonnestraat), then bus 65 to Oudenaarde, and then the train to Ronse).

There seem to be 4 bus stops in Kluisbergen, at least for the 68 bus: Kraaistraat, Eynsdaele, Drogenbroodstraat and Knoktstraat.

You can check details on this route planner: hari.b-rail.be/HAFAS/bin/query.exe/en… but if looking for buses (also), don't forget to change (from/to) "SNCB only" to "Station/stop" and in the "products" box, "only trains" to "all products".

Edited: 5:50 pm, November 29, 2011
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus, train

Thank you very much

TOVA

Reply to: bus, train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ronse
Recent Conversations