We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist train in Angistri

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
29 posts
61 reviews
42 helpful votes
Tourist train in Angistri

Hello All,

I will be travelling to Angistri in May, and heard that there was a small tourist train that runs around the island. Is this true? Otherwise, is there a bus? Does anyone have any info on these two forms of transport?

Thank you,

Michael

8 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Level Contributor
24,562 posts
43 reviews
34 helpful votes
1. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

Hi,

I don't know of a train but the island is almost certain to have a bus service.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
167 posts
172 reviews
93 helpful votes
2. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

There is a tourist train but it only potters around Skala, usually in the afternoon and evening.

There is a bus that goes around all the main places on the island and they have the timetable posted at the bus stops. Beware: sometimes it can leave a little early if it fills up! There is also a bus that meets the hydrofoil at Milos to take people to Skala.

There are also taxis but not sure how to book them.

Saving the best to last - hire a scooter instead!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
50 reviews
38 helpful votes
3. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

If your ferry arrives at Skala and you need to get elsewhere, walk up the path to the little tourist office and you can follow the shore road/path round the beach to the church. There is a timetable pasted up where the bus stops. The bus is a mini bus, and when were there is summer looked to run every half hour-ish. We caught it to Milos. The timetables didn't appear to be publicised anywhere on the internet, as I searched widely before we went. After this, we hired a moped to get around, which seemed the easier thing, and allowed us to hop on and off at our leisure. I only saw a taxi once!

Edited: 7:58 am, November 06, 2016
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
50 reviews
38 helpful votes
4. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

It's such a small island that a moped is ideal for getting around. Very little traffic really.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
37 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

The bus timetable is also displayed in some shop windows.

concord nh
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
57 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

The island is small enough to rent a bike or motor scooter. The "train" is rather wimpy and only goes so far on the island.

Off course there are car rentals or you can walk and enjoy a very lovely island more known for it's beaches than anything else.

Either way Angistri is an overlooked island by tourists but very popular for Greek day trippers from the mainland.

Edited: 1:24 pm, February 21, 2017
Jock in Jocko
Level Contributor
34 posts
7. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

Any more info on bicycle hire?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
37 reviews
21 helpful votes
8. Re: Tourist train in Angistri

I think there are two cycle hire shops in Scala, don't know about the rest of the island.

Edited: 6:09 am, June 14, 2017
Reply to: Tourist train in Angistri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Angistri