We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agistri with children ?

Which Angistri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford
5 posts
Save Topic
Agistri with children ?

Hi, We're considering holidaying in Agistri with our 3 children aged 5, 8 and 10. Does anyone have any experience of Agistri with kids ? We don't need endless entertainment and they will enjoy the sea but I'm just wondering if there's much else to amuse them. (thinking about staying at Rosie's Little Village)

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Agistri with children ?

Not got kids, but had a lovely week on Agistri last summer. There doesn't look like there'd be much for kids in the organised sense, but if a bat & ball on the beach or playing in the sea can keep them amused, they'll love it. Lots of families (mainly Greek) there, all very content as far as I could see.

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Agistri with children ?

Not got kids, but had a lovely week on Agistri last summer. There doesn't look like there'd be much for kids in the organised sense, but if a bat & ball on the beach or playing in the sea can keep them amused, they'll love it. Lots of families (mainly Greek) there, all very content as far as I could see.

Hants UK
Level Contributor
221 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agistri with children ?

Took ours to Agistri a couple of years back - just for 3 nights as we were finishing off somewhere close to Athens for the convenience of getting the flight back.

We would probably have struggled to find anything else to do other than hit the beach, and 2 full days was probably long enough. Having spent the previous 2 weeks on Ios and Naxos, we were rather spoilt for beaches.

The port beach was nice and sandy and gently shelving so good for kids, but a bit crowded so bat/ball games would have been a bit difficult. Otherwise nice small friendly island.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agistri with children ?

Agistri is a nice little island, why not take a look at www.agistri.com.gr?

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agistri with children ?

Lovely little island and the little church at the end of the beach looks stunning as you are aproaching on the ferry even tho it was 16 years ago that we went that sight is still prominent in my head :)

WENDY

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agistri with children ?

From Rosie's Little Village you have to walk to the beach in Skala with the kids, unless they are skilled swimmers. I would say it is a 10-15 min walk with children. There is another very small beach further after Agistri Club, which might be closer to Rosies. There are some hotels at the beach in Skala, which I would have preferred with children.

Once there were a City-Train operating between Skala and Mylos. I dont know if it still excists.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agistri with children ?

There are a few beaches around in Skala and Milos and a nice little area around the back in Aponisos. There is a new 'park' area on the front in Agistri, although not alot to do there, but next to the Chemist is a small 'fun area' for kids.

If you want to take them out for the day, you can catch the 15 minute boat to Aegina and just on the edge of town is a water park (not the best, but a few slides to keep kids amused).

The train is still operating between Skala and Milos and you can arrange a boat trip for the afternoon with a guy called Rob (English, but lived there for 20 years), he can take you around the island or to a nearby nature reserve island.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
105 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agistri with children ?

Hi FatDan,

I went with my family last year (3 kids: boy 8, girls 14 and 16) for 2 weeks staying in Skala. I suppose there isn't much to do, but if you enjoy reading books on the beach, mucking about in the sea and the occasional excursion then you'll be perfectly content. Our family often talk about what a fantastic time we had, and by common consent was our best holiday to date.

We ended up spending a lot of time at the Hook Club (next to Rosy's) where I swear my son spent more time in the water than out! You can also hire bicycles or take the bus to Limonaria where there's a lovely diving platform into the transparent sea. You could also do an day trip to Aegina or even Athens.

BTW I'd recommend eating at the Andreas hotel as it was affordable, has kid friendly meals and superb views. Next time we go i'd be tempted to stay there too as it has a nice swimming pool.

Another tip: try to get the slow car ferry out to Agistri as it's a much more enjoyable journey than by hydrofoil, and they go direct to Skala rather than Milos.

Cheers, EnviousPeteBristol

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agistri with children ?

Stayed already a few times on Agistri the first time when our kids were 2 and 3 years and we still return every two or three years.

We stay at the Agistri club hotel, the have a family room, but I don’t know if you can sleep there with 3 kids. Rosies Village is also nice (never slept there but lunch is delicious and it looks cosy) and like the Agistri Club on a nice and quiet spot on the inland.

For swimming there is a sandy beach in Skala with really nice and clean water. It is approx. 10-15 minutes’ walk from Rosies. You can als use the pool at Oasis if you take a meal there, is is on the shore side. Near Rosies there is also The Hook, with a small beach, perfect for reading a book with a refreshment while the kids are swimming.

There is a bus to Limenaria, but better go to Aponisos, when snorkelling we saw seahorses there, lovely!

Kind regards, Erik

10. Re: Agistri with children ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Angistri