We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Gaza

Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Gaza

Hi,

I am from singapore and I would like to visit Gaza, I've been to Israel before and there is an immigration stamp on my passport. Does it mean that I am allowed entry into Gaza even though there is an Israel immigration stamp on my passport? Please advise. thanks

6 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,761 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Gaza

You will not be able to visit Gaza as a tourist - and it has nothing to do with whatever stamps you have in your passport. This holds true whether you attempt to get into Gaza from Israel or from Egypt.

The only way you can get apply for a permit to enter Gaza is as an accredited journalist, a diplomat or staff for an international aid organization.

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Gaza

wow..thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Regards

Midrand, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Gaza

I have been scouring the internet for information on how to get to Gaza. I realise it is near impossible but here and there I have read that people travel to Gaza on business. My question is how does one get to Gaza whether via Tel Aviv or via Cairo? Physically? Do you take a bus/ taxi/ etc, how far is it and what are the costs. Thanks Shani

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Gaza

ShaniPretoria--Please reread response #1. Inasmuch as it is next to impossible there are no buses that go there. Israeli taxis would not be allowed entry and I do believe the same is true for Egyptian taxis. How you would get in and what the costs are --these questions are way in the future. First see if you could even get in ( doubtful) and then you can figure your costs! ( and point of entry)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,761 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Gaza

Unless you have an entry permit as an aid worker, church person, UN personnel, etc. you will not be able to gain entry from Israel. rdglady is right in saying that no Israeli taxis are allowed in - that is true for any and all Israeli vehicles.

If there is access via the Rafah crossing, as noted above, then you would only be able to get there from Egypt.

York, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Gaza

I think there is little problem from the Gaza authorities - but Israel makes it impossible and from Egypt it may be difficult. Let us know how you get on!

(But if you have an Isarel stamp on your passport, that is an extra problem!)

Reply to: Visiting Gaza
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gaza City
Recent Conversations