We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Responsible tour company?

sydney
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Responsible tour company?

please dont never ever go with sunrover tour company,

what happen with sunrover.........

We went on the 11./12. january 2012 to Moreton Island with the tourcompany sunrover. It started not to bad. At this time the still had the bushfire there but we didn't got any information how serious it was. The tour didn't provide a lot of things which was offered in the description in there flyer. The camp didn't had light (electricity), not enough food and drinks and no information from the tourguide about the island. When we came back in the evening to our camp, the fire was close by. We got told to evacuate but our tourguide started to cook dinner. Everybody was in panic. After leaving the camp he just droped us somewhere and we had to organises our on sleep place. We already contacted the company but no respons from them yet. We are hoping for some refund, do you know what we can do?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Responsible tour company?

I don't know the circumstances of the tour you used, however I do know some of the details of the bushfire.

The fire started on 4 January with the main fire front moving slowly in a S/SE direction through hilly, inaccessible forest vegetation. Then there was no immediate threat from the front and was posing no immediate threat to life or property.

However this changed over a number of days, and some of the campsites were evacuated. By 12 January campers on the northeast corner of Moreton Island were advised to move as a precaution. By the weekend 14/1 rainfall was received and the fire was no longer a threat.

The company you travelled with should have been aware of the Fire Service and Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service advice.

They should have advised you before travelling of the precautions in place.

I would set out all the problems you experienced in an email or letter to the company. You mentioned that you contacted them already. I would contact them again.

all the best with it LTB

Yatala, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Responsible tour company?

Hello Maria, I travelled with you on that trip. Look up a web site called 'Fair Trading Australia" and fill out the complaint form and send it in. We have and they are investigating. I think you have my email address still, can you email me as I want to tell you something, but not on an open forum. But I have also posted on this forum as to how bad Sunrover tours really are.

3. Re: Responsible tour company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 24, 2017