We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

Hi There:

We are a couple with 1 child, 6 yrs old from Singapore. Despite read many negative review from, we decided to stay overnite as want to experience dolphin feedling.

We've booked 1 nite stay at Tangalooma resort - resort Unit and would like to have some review of this room.

Also, we would like to find out is there only 1 trip cruise back to Brisbane city at 4 pm? Read some reviews over here, some commented that check out is at 10 am but have to wait till 4 pm. Appreciate to give some advise. Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

opsss should be 1 trip not i trip :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

The boat (Tangalooma Flyer) leaves at 9:00am and 4:00pm everyday and on Monday,Saturday and Sunday there's also a 2:00pm departure.

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

Thanks templc, it is great that there is boat/cruise leaves in the morning, it would be great if they have timing at 10.00 am! haha

Well, what's the weather like during end May? it will pretty cool during night time?

Anymore review about the resort unit? thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

Here are the temperature stats: …bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_040043.shtml

It will be cool at night and the water may be a little chilly but during the day it will be beautiful.

We don't stay at the resort, so I can't comment on that. We generally camp on the beach or hire a beach house in the estate above Tangalooma Resort.

But you can only participate in the dolphin feeding if you're staying at the resort. If you stay elsewhere you can, of course, watch the dolphin feeding.

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

Hi dear, thanks for your reply! Yeah we will stay at the resort as my daughter keep on saying that she wants to feed the dolphin... :)

London
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

You don't actually have to stay at the resort to take part in the dolphin feeding - we did the following tour a few years ago:

tangalooma.com/info/…

Or there's a more structured (and expensive) alternative:

tangalooma.com/info/…

We really enjoyed the dolphin feeding, though my younger daughter, then 5, didn't like handling the rather spiny fish we were given to feed them!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

Yes, you can do a day trip that includes dolphin feeding. But if you choose to stay on the island outside of the resort and want to do dolphin feeding, the resort staff insist that you do the day trip as an intro to dolphin feeding. When we stayed at a beach house over there last October that is what we were told by the resort.

8. Re: Only i trip back from Moreton Island to Brisbane at 4 pm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 23, 2010