We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any1 done a day trip thru Tangalooma Resort

Glasgow
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any1 done a day trip thru Tangalooma Resort

we have 1 week In Brisbane/Gold Coast and want to go to Moreton Island, although we only have time for a day trip. I have emailed Tangalooma Resort and they can offer us the Dolphin Adventure Tour wich gives us over 10 hours at the resort, buffet lunch, desert safari and obviously dolphin feeding at night. The price is $165. Has anyone done this and if so can they recommend it? Also is there anywhere to eat close by to Holt St Wharf? Considering having breakfast prior to going over to the island as have read reviews that the food isnt the greatest. Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any1 done a day trip thru Tangalooma Resort

I have been to the island many times but haven't done any organised tours. The price sounds ok as you will be able to experience the island albeit for a short time and I reckon that beats sitting in the resort waiting for the ferry to return.

There isn't anywhere to eat near Holt St wharf, no facilities here really.

Where will you be travelling from? by car?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any1 done a day trip thru Tangalooma Resort

We are staying at Rydges South Bank Brisbane so would need to get a taxi to Holt Street Wharf? If there is no facilities nearby then we will get the 10 am transfer over to Moreton Island instead of 7am. Do you know how long the taxi ride is from southbank to Holt St? Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any1 done a day trip thru Tangalooma Resort

It has been awhile since I have been to the wharf so things may have changed. Perhaps someone can advise if the facilities have improved.

It is about a 20-25 drive to the wharf from the city. You could get your taxi to stop at Racecourse Rd, Hamilton at one of the cafes but then you would need to take another taxi to the wharf.... personally I would have breakky at the Rydges.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any1 done a day trip thru Tangalooma Resort

I've done a sand tobogganing day tour (at the Desert) through the resort and it was good. I think the main difference between the two tours is that you're going to be catching the later ferry home so you can see the dolphins.

You'll have plenty of time for other resort activities such as snorkelling at the wrecks, kayaking, jetskiing, sailing, and just lazing about on the beach.

Sounds good to me.

As Surfoz said, there's not much near the Holt Street terminal. But a ten-minute drive away you'll find Portside or Racecourse Rd, both of which have plenty of cafes to choose from.

5. Re: Any1 done a day trip thru Tangalooma Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 11, 2010