We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcossebre end May/June anything open?

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
869 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
Alcossebre end May/June anything open?

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not there would be much open in the way of bars, restaurants and shops at the end of May or beginning of June? We visited near the beginning of September in 2010 and thought the place was fabulous but as our Grandson is due to start school next year we will have to go earlier in the season.

I realise Alcossebre is really little more than a village and it's catering for Spanish visitors. Stayed at the back of Jeremiah's Hotel last time and enjoyed Resaca Bar opposite the beach.

I am thinking we may be better looking at Moraira, Javea or Denia but never been to any of them before. We don't want to go to an ex-pats' enclave or a high-rise resort.

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks,

Jean

Ermita Santa Lucia
Sacred & Religious Sites
alamacenes portuarios s.XVIII
Architectural Buildings, Castles, Historic Sites, Mysterious Sites, Observation Decks & Towers
London, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcossebre end May/June anything open?

For what it's worth I have a place on the other side of the Sierra de Irta - Peniscola I often go to Alcossebre as I like the beaches but haven't stayed in the evening. Although the area is very Spanish Alcossebre seems to have a larger sprinkling of Brits and other non locals than Peniscola and you probably know that the Spanish season is June to September no matter how good the weather.

The point is When I was out in May I was on the beach in a deck chair in wonderful weather on a weekday but virtually alone. Great.

Peniscola in the evening was open and bars etc were reasonably busy

Depends what your after but I think you will find most very Spanish resorts quiet although the restaurants start opening at Easter and most open by June

Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcossebre end May/June anything open?

Regarding Moraira as an option, it will not be bustling at end of May but that makes it much more pleasant. The restaurants and bars are in the main open.(all this is true for Javea and Denia. Denia in fact will be a little busier as it is a mid size Spanish town and the ratio of population from out of season to in season is less dramatic).

There are a lot of epats of all nationalities in all three but I wouldn't call them enclaves but that is a matter of opinion and yours may differ from mine. In any event there are plenty of Spanish bars and if you go slightly inland ( even as near as Teulada or Benissa) life is nearly wholly Spanish.

We love Moraira, that's why we bought a place there, so please take this as biased opinion.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
869 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcossebre end May/June anything open?

Thanks both for your very helpful replies. Makes it all sound really nice. Think we would prefer to go to Moraira if possible this time and then return to Alcossebre at a later date.

Cheers, Jean

4. Re: Alcossebre end May/June anything open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Alcossebre