We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to take ?

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How much to take ?

My friend and I are heading to mykonos in August have booked flights and hotel as well as a live band night at a top club but how much would you recommend to take spending money wise we are budgeting so only want to eat cheap etc

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much to take ?

You can get good but cheap gyros & souvlakis for about €5 per person at places like Jimmi's Souvlaki and Sakis grill house. Sakis has some platters that cost a couple of Euros more but offer a substantial serving of food.

Fato a Mano has excellent food & service as well as some well-priced daily specials -- usually a 3-item special that includes a salad, a main (like grilled calamari, souvlaki or moussaka) and a glass of wine for around €12. Marco Polo taverna offers similar specials (but I think the food is better at Fato a Mano). Opa taverna at Goumenio Square also has daily specials. As you stroll around Mykonos Town, you can check other tavernas and restaurants to see what deals they have on offer.

You should be able to get meals and drinks for two people for well undeer €100 per day. Make sure you check menus and prices before you take a seat at a restaurant or taverna. Most places do post the menu out front so you can see whether what they offer fits within your budget.

To save $$, buy some beer, wine or alcohol at a minimarket and enjoy that at your hotel room (especially if you have one with a balcony and a great view) before going out to dinner.

There's more information about Mykonos restaurants in this post on the Mykonos forum page: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189430-i401-k5465…

The information there is from last year, but almost all of it still applies for 2013.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How much to take ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much to take ?

Hi,

After coming back in June this year and found the Alcohol to seriously bump up the bill. So get your drink at a shop, theres one called the cellar i believe just up from fabrica, excellent choices of wines and great advice.

If you brought €2000 you will spend it, if you bring €500 you will make do too.... its all down to you :-)

4. Re: How much to take ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 27, 2014