We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hello! Several girlfriends of mine will be traveling to Mykonos in June. We are not big on the party scene and would like a good location to stay and be near a nice beach. Any suggestions of what areas of the island to stay at or a nice ($$affordable) place to stay.

Thanks!

45 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
6,688 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

What is your nightly budget for accommodation, in Euros? Mykonos has a huge choice of places to stay so without knowing what price you consider "affordable" it's difficult to make recommendations.

You have a choice of staying in Mykonos Town or at a beach area. Mykonos Town is not a giant party zone, so don't be worried about getting swept up in the party scene if you stay there. If you stay in Town, you can take a bus to get to a beach in the daytime. In the evening, you would be walking distance to scores of restaurants, shops and attractions (and bars/clubs, in case you decide you do want to go out one night).

If you stay at a beach, you'll be limited in restaurant choices and would have to take a bus into Town if you want a better selection or to see the shops. There would be fewer people around, though, and it would be much quieter (though lots of areas in & around Mykonos Town are peaceful, too.)

Either way, the bus rides are short (usually less than 15 minutes), so you basically have to decide if you would rather stay away from the hustle and bustle at a beach, or closer to all the action.

Platis Gialos and Ornos are two beach areas that have a good selection of restaurants along the beach, meaning you wouldn't have to go into Town for dinner every night unless you wanted to. Agios Ioannis is a nice beach area but has fewer restaurant choices. All three are just a short bus ride away from Town.

From Ornos and Platis Gialos, you can take shuttle boats to other beaches, including Paraga, Paradise, Super Paradise, Agrari and Elia.

Avoid staying at beach areas like Elia, Kalafatis and Kalo Livadi which are too far from Town and have very limited nighttime dining.

london
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

I am also wondering where to stay in Mykonos - travelling with 3 others girls, we will want to go out in the evening - love the occasional big/dancey night out but also would be happy with a bar where you can mingle that's not all trance/electronic music - are there all different types of bars around the island?

Any tips for best hotels near the bus stations that can get you around the island? Are taxis impossible to get hold of in June - can you pre book or is it always a queue system?

Budget wise looking to pay no more than £250 for 7 nights (budget!)

thanks

x

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
6,688 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Rebecca, please see your other post -- I responded there.

Bucharest...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Thanks Donny! I am looking to spend no more than 175euro a night for a room. Your information is very helpful! :)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
6,688 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hi perezj34: A maximum of €175/night can get you a room for 2 at a nice 4-star and of course dozens of less upscale places. But is €175 your budget per person, or is that the total for you & all your friends? How many of you are travelling?

Bucharest...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

It would be a total for night. Two girls for sure possibly 4 in all.

Piraeus, Greece
5 posts
7. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Haha, What I wanna know is if your not big on the whole party thing...Why are you going to Mykonos??? At the daytime sure it's nice and quite, you could probably read a book, but when nighttime comes around............

MYKONOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 8:48 am, January 26, 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 post
8. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Me and my buddy are going May 9 through the 12 and we want to know where is the best place to stay for the party

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
88 reviews
9. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Early May is early in the season, so your best bet is to stick around the town!

Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 post
10. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hey me and my buddies will go to Mykonos during April 11-17 for 6 night we don't have any budget but we would like a place were we can go to the beach in the morning and party all night !!!! But we don't want to take a cab every time so do you recommend a place??

Reply to: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted