We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Mykonos or. Kouros Hotel & Suites

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Porto Mykonos or. Kouros Hotel & Suites

Hi,

I need help deciding between the Porto Mykonos or Kouros Hotel and Suites. I'll be in Mykonos for 3 nights and I'd love a room with gorgeous views of the Aegean Sea and white washed rooms... which one do you recommend?

Both hotels have great reviews so it's very difficult to make a decision since I've never been to Mykonos.

Greatly appreciate it.

-nishnish

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto Mykonos or. Kouros Hotel & Suites

They're both good choices and, if the rates are similar, I would recommend deciding by tossing a coin.

If proximity to Mykonos Town is important, choose Porto Mykonos. It is a very short walk from the edge of Town, while Kouros is about 10 minutes away. And Porto Mykonos not only has the same great sea and sunset views as Kouros, but it also has terrific views of Mykonos Town and the town harbour, too.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto Mykonos or. Kouros Hotel & Suites

Thanks donnyb.

The rates are similar.

In terms of view and rooms, which one is better, do you know?

Also, is the area surrounding Porto Mykonos very noisy if I'm in my room?

Last question - is Kouros a 10 minute walk on the main street/highway?

Thanks so much for all your help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto Mykonos or. Kouros Hotel & Suites

Is the Porto Mykonos area loud at all?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto Mykonos or. Kouros Hotel & Suites

I haven't been in rooms at either hotel so I can't say how noisy/quiet the intereior of either place would be. I am sure the rooms would be quiet.

However, in May I dropped in to the Porto Mykonos to take a look at the interior and outdoor common areas. I don't recall finding those areas noisy whatsoever, and that's something I would have noticed if it had been the case. I do remember being very impressed by the views, especially since they take in Mykonos Town and the harbour as well as the sea & sunset.

I haven't been inside Kouros yet but have stayed at a nearby hotel and have seen the views from Kouros's upper driveway. There are superb sea & sunset views from Kouros.

Kouros can be reached either by walking along the very busy main road between Mykonos Town and the New Port, or by walking a considerably less busy road on the hillside above the hotel.

A regular Mykonos visitor who has stayed at Kouros 7 or 8 times has made many positive comments about that hotel in the forum in past years, and has highly recommended it.

5. Re: Porto Mykonos or. Kouros Hotel & Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town