We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry and transfers

fambam
5 posts
Save Topic
Ferry and transfers

Hello, I am booking a trip with the below tentative itenerary. When I price this out myself, the hotel accommodations end up to about 940 Euros. When the travel agency is quoting me a price for the same trip BUT including transfers and ferries to and from Athens/Mykonos/Santorini. (I will fly back to Athens and pay for myself outside of their quote) - their quote is 1470 Euros. I did not think for 2 people the ferry rides and transfers would be that much. Can someone please advise on the price for the ferry rides and taxis or other modes of transportation to and from the ports. (I am not sure how far the port is from the hotels - which is my other problem) I am willing to spend more on the travel agency b/c it is a burden off of my shoulders, but not knowing the price of the ferries, I am not sure how much "more" I am spending. Below is the tentative plan:

May 30: Transfer: arrival transfer from Athens airport to hotel

May 30 - 31: Hotel Attalos: ( 1 night ) accommodation in a double room including breakfast

May 31: Transfer: from hotel to port

May 31: Ferry boat: Piraeus - Mykonos departs 7:35am and arrives 12:50pm

May 31: Transfer: arrival transfer from port to hotel

May 31 - June 04: Hotel Adonis: ( 4 nights ) accommodation in a double room including breakfast

June 04: Transfer: from hotel to port

June 04: High-speed boat: Mykonos - Santorini departs 14:55pm and arrives 17:35pm

June 04: Transfer: arrival transfer from port to hotel

June 04 - 07: Villa Ilias: ( 3 nights ) accommodation in a standard double Sea-Volcano view room including breakfast

June 07: Transfer: from hotel to Santorini airport

June 07: Flight: Santorini - Athens guests under own reservation

June 07: Transfer: arrival transfer from Athens airport to hotel

June 07 - 08: Hotel Attalos: ( 1 night ) accommodation in a double room including breakfast

June 08: Transfer: from hotel to Athens airport

Please Help!!!

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Mykonos Town, Greece
Level Contributor
763 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry and transfers

I don't really know an awful lot about the transfer rates for Athens, only really can help regarding Mykonos. A taxi from the port to the hotel with probably be approx. € 10,00 each way. Please not that depending on the time of the season it might be difficult to get a taxi. You should contact the hotel and ask them about transfer. They might even provide you a free transfer.

The prices the ferry you can check online, but the one going to Mykonos should be about € 25-30 per person, the one from Mykonos to Santorini about € 35 per person.

Not to sure where your hotel in Athens is located but you might be able to travel on the Metro or on the bus which would make the transfer reasonably cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
2. Re: Ferry and transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town