We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question on night life

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Another question on night life

Assuming that some places might still be open friday Sept 9 and Sat Sept 10 (Tropicana, Cavo Paradiso, Scandinavian Bar) will it be too difficult getting to these places from Platis Gialos (Ambassador Hotel or Palladium) or should i stay somewhere else?

Sorry for all my questions, i just want ot make sure i stay at the correct place.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,367 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another question on night life

Hi,

Early September is still hi-season in Mykonos, everything will be open that you can be sure of. The Scandinavian bar(s) is the only one I go in out of those you mention it's been there decades, and used to be reasonably priced for Mykonos but even there prices have been hiked up.

If you are into nightlife stay within walking distance of Mykonos town, the taxi situation is not good, not a lot, with double tariff after 24:00 or some time like that so the extra cost of being nearer to town is worth it.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
123 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another question on night life

Cavo probably will be closed, but Scandi and Tropicana and lots of other places will make your days and nights pretty exciting,no worries there!Platis gialos has a very frequent bus service to the town and its only a 10-15 min bus ride,as most of the places in Mykonos.Although buses run until 02:00,so if you need to stay out later than that you wil need to get a taxi,which for September is ok,meaning you wont have to wait for ages to get one.The choice is yours!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another question on night life

Ambassador is a better choice to stay because is near the beach 50m..You can rent a car or you can take the bus from platy gialos...every 20 minutes.

4. Re: Another question on night life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 16, 2012