We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good street map of mykonos town

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Good street map of mykonos town

Well now the new year festivities are out of the way, its time to concentrate on our long awaited hols in mykonos.

I love this bit, doing the homework and research.

But I have yet to come across a good streetmap of mykonos town so I can get my bearings restaurant to bar, where taxi square is etc.

Staying in ornos and cannot wait till june 23rd.

Thanks for any info guys. ;d

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

Try this for a start: http://www.skymap.gr/?ElementId=36198

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,246 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

Here's another: red-travel-mykonos.com/_img/about_mykonos/my…

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

thanks both of you for those. Looks like we're gonna have some fun navigating our way around the little narrow streets and finding different places we want to go. All part of the fun I guess :D

thanks again, no doubt I'll be back with plenty more questions.

Blighty
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

Not sure if you've been before but if not, here are a few tips since others have already given you online maps:

When you get there, free maps are available at the airport.

However, don't treat them as gospel. It really is a confusing, charming little place.

Taxi Square is basically a bit of paint on the pavement that says 'taxi' - it's best not to rely on taxis in the high season and if you do need one, try to book through your hotel. When I was there, the busses ran until about 1am though! We didn't need a taxi at all.

A few tips:

> the first time you get a bus to town, you'll be dropped off in a square where all the busses stop (it's crowded and mental... but fun!)

> use your map to basically guide you towards the sea. You should end up at the windmills. Further down, to the right, is Little Venice.

> we found it useful, the first few times, to head for the sea rather than delve right into the little streets. We then found our way around in relation to the perimeter.

> the streets don't really have names in reality. So just use places and objects as landmarks

> when we needed to remember the directions for a certain place, we would take photos along the way to use as memory joggers for the future!

Good luck and have fun!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

ha ha , this sounds fun. no, this is our first time to mykonos, and we're staying in ornos so we'll be using the buses.

maybe a taxi once or twice, if that!!

Good tips thanks for that, going to be looking for a couple of good gay bars, with no hard core dance music, but great atmosphere and looking forward to finding some good traditional food.

many thanks again.

Blighty
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

You will have an amazing time! I'm going to go back as soon as I can persuade my girlfriend that it's ok to visit the same place twice ;-)

We went last summer and were hoping to go to Diva, the only lesbian bar on Mykonos. Unfortunately, it seemed to have closed down!

We did find a cabaret bar called The Piano Bar, which was one of the most memorable places and not as brash as you'd imagine it to be. It's good for a different experience. There was also a little bar called Porta that apparently used to be heaving with men, but was quiet last year (yet a lot of fun, with friendly staff).

Most places in Mykonos are welcoming to everyone, regardless of sexuality. You should also try the Scandinavian Bar - it's so much fun.

If you have any questions about Mykonos before you go, just feel free to send me a message!

:-)

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

Thanks for that sparklepop.

As I;'ve said before, mykonos has always been on our 'wish list' of holiday destinations, and after our fairly gay unfriendly experience in turkey last year, it made us more determind to book!

Looking forward to getting our bearings, ha, though we are staying in ornos, but will be taking the bus into town most evenings i imagine.

Also looking at the boat trips etc, have seen various different all-day ones, have also seen gay boat trips also. Is it mainly men- not that I mind atall, just some prefer to have it that way???

anyway, im sure I'll be back with loads more questions, so thanks again.

Oh, yes, the piano bar looks really good. :D

fremont ca
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

Great map and a great help - thank you

9. Re: Good street map of mykonos town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town