We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vencia hotel garden rooms

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
vencia hotel garden rooms

Wondering if anybody has stayed in a garden room? we got a great deal and will only be there for 3 nights so happy to take it (we will be in santorini for 7 nights prior in a seaview room) but just wondering if anyone has stayed in a garden room and what their thoughts were?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vencia hotel garden rooms

Hi - have you search the reviews? I was also interested in this hotel, but I came across a review where someone was downgraded to a garden view. Think from memory they said it wasn't attached to the building, it was small and crowded. But this could be a completely different room :)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vencia hotel garden rooms

Hi,

I have stayed in the Vencia in 2 different 'garden' rooms. One faced the back of reception, the other out the back facing south overlooking a bit of gravelly ground and a footpath used by people walking down into Mykonos town. Both were standard mid-range rooms with a better than usual bathroom with a good monsoon type shower head. There was slight road noise as it's in a loop in the Ano Meria road which is quite busy, though this did not bother me. It's up a steep hill from town, though virtually all hotels in that position are. Anyone who's been to Mykonos before knows the town is almost surrounded by this steep hill.

The breakfast room and the small infinity swimming pool had views over Mykonos town. Breakfast was much better than the usual Greek hotel presumably due to US tourists.

Personally I could not careless about a seaview room you are out and about in Mykonos town hardly ever in your room so it's irrelevent really.

So I think you will find it perfectly OK, in a good position, and they are quite helpful with directions into town. I would check your booking closer to when you go as they do occasionally have glitches in their system.

My views are more down to earth and to the point than others. I take most Mykonos hotel reviews as 5 blobber effusive nonsense. I've been going for many years to the Greek Islands backpacking around. If you get a good price it can be a good deal, and a good hotel with decent rooms, the slight niggle as noted above.

Mentioned in this post
Vencia Hotel
Vencia Hotel
1,606 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vencia hotel garden rooms

I was the one that was downgraded and the room we were assigned is a different room from the Garden Rooms and was nothing like the room photos on the hotel website. We were not expecting a "view" room, just a pleasantly updated room as the photos depicted. Instead we were assigned one of the ugliest rooms we've ever stayed in. Hated the bathroom, hated the beds, hated the decor and of course hated that we were downgraded to such sub par accommodations. The hotel responded to my review and misrepresented what happened. We were never informed of there being any computer glitches nor was the reason for the downgrade. It was simply stated that our room was downgraded and the rate was being adjusted accordingly. Yes, we were staying only one night, but it was our only ever night in Mykonos and we were looking forward to one of the nice rooms depicted on the website. It certainly appeared to us that "the one nighter" gets the lower class room. Also, in her response she stated that the hotel very often upgrades their guests.... so I hope you get upgraded. Decent hotel as long as you get the newer rooms.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vencia hotel garden rooms

thanks, I thought the resort itself looked sensational, Im not too worried about the room as long as it's clean, just want somewhere to rest my head!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vencia hotel garden rooms

also can I ask you, is this in a good location? close to bars, main town etc? I have never been to Greek Islands before.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vencia hotel garden rooms

I'm looking at this hotel also for 3 nights mid June 2011. Their website states it's a 10 minute walk to Mykonos town. I'm interested in the jr. suite/sea view room. This would be a bit of a splurge for us. It's not a cheap place but the photos show a lovely place with amazing views. Is the website accurately representative of this hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
7. Re: vencia hotel garden rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:44 am, July 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town