We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelican Hotel

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pelican Hotel

Hey all! My hubby and I are planning on being in Mykonos Aug 11-15 2010. We are 29 and 30 yrs old. We are looking to be in Mykonos town. Any thoughts on the Pelican Hotel? We will be in Greece for about 3 weeks so we are on a bit of a budget. Looking to spend no more than 200-225 dollars a night. I have looked at the reviews on the Pelican Hotel looked pretty good and they are quoting 140 euros right now for the dates. Any opinion?

Or other favorite budget hotels? We don't mind a little walking.

Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pelican Hotel

Hi

I don't think the Pelican has a pool if that matters to you but in August I definitely would like to be near a pool. The Rochari Hotel nearby has a beautiful pool and rates of 180 euro about $252 USD, well worth the extra dollars for the pool.

Gbow

Edited: 8:08 pm, February 25, 2010
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pelican Hotel

Thanks! I"ll check it out

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pelican Hotel

Hi,

I stayed at Pelican Hotel last year and I really liked it- clean room and VERY reasonable price for location and Mykonos. I'd met some French people few years back who stayed at Rochari Hotel a few steps down the hill. They're both decent but you can save a lot of money and just cross over the road to Elysium Hotel and hang out at the pool (just head to the left and there's the entrance directly to the pool). You can order drinks and light meals there and lay by the pool all day if you don't want to head to the beach.

The pool/bar gets very busy and packed about 2 hours before sunset and there's sometimes drag shows after the sunsets as well (great entertainment). It took me 2-3 years after my first visit to Mykonos in 1999 until I found out about this little secret. Hope you give it a try and tell me what you think.

Have a great time!

Regards,

JT

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pelican Hotel

Thanks JT!

I booked the Pelican hotel, so I'll let you know how it goes! We are so excited!!! Thanks so much for the info, that helps a lot!

5. Re: Pelican Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town