We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost

Hi, can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay for a taxi from the airport to the town. We are due to arrive at the airport at about 9.30 pm at the end of August. I have seen some ridiculously high fares quoted, they just seem wrong. Thanks

15 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost

It probably depends where in town, but I would expect about €10. Certainly no more than €20 as that is the fare to the new port. Have you checked with your accommodation to see if they provide free transfers?

Edited: 6:51 am, July 10, 2017
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost

You can schedule your arrive by contact mukonos taxi +30 2289 022400 and adk him about price transportation very bad in mykonos, try alot of time contact call center it's so busy

mykonos
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost

Best advice get the hotel or wherever you are staying to collect you..A true story..we flew in to JMK on 1st Sept last year..time 12 midday..no taxis available..they came to drop off.wanted 70 Euros to the new port..second one wanted 65 Euros

..I said can they stop at Alpha Bank half kilo on the same road.?.no waiting and no way they said...third one 25Euros..by the way they all knew who I was having lived on the island for over 23 years...no receipt all smiled at me and said these are the prices my friend!! :-) I have written to the Mayor about this..have a great holiday..best place to be..Best wishes

Edited: 6:51 am, July 11, 2017
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost

Thank you for your replies. I can't believe how much the prices have increased. I was on Mykonos when our airline went bust, we were back and to to the airport a couple of times a day by taxi and never once got ripped off. I begs the question, what is going on?

Edited: 11:34 am, July 11, 2017
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost

I have taken a taxi a number of times from the airport. The prices as in post #1 seem right to me, maybe more like 15-20 €, to town and indeed what I was typically charged.

Expect to share with others to the same destination.

I think you are referring to the New Port, so say 20-25 €.

Peak season you may have a bit of a wait, if for a hotel use the hotels transfer service, if they do that. They can charge from nothing upwards.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi cost

thank you

Bristol
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi cost

Agree that taxi situation in Mykonos is getting ridiculous. Went to the main taxi rank on the Island, Remezzo, to get a cab to the airport last week. Allowed 15 minutes waiting time. After 25 minutes not a single cab had come and many other people waiting. Tried calling the cab office - if you can get through (you usually can't) you are put on hold for 5 minutes or more (no joke at international dialling rates). If they don't hang up on you (which they usually do) they say that a cab will be along in a minute. Still no cabs 35 minutes after I had arrived and was close to missing my flight. Amazingly, a car hire firm next to the rank saw my problem (and that of several other people) and drove us to the airport just in time to make our flight.

Arrived tonight at New Port with a lot of luggage. Not a cab to be seen. Spent over half an hour calling the cab office - the usual farrago of not being able to get through, being put on hold for 5 minutes at a time and then they hang up on you, told no cab available call back in 5 minutes, after 7 minutes call back and told call back in another 5 minutes. Eventually had to take a bus to the Old Port and struggle for half a mile through busy lanes with heavy luggage.

The Mayor needs to get a grip on this. 31 cabs is not enough. They say what will the taxi drivers do in the winter if there are more cab drivers? What a joke! If hoteliers and restaurant owners took the same attitude (we can't have more rooms/tables because we won't be able to fill them in the autumn) the there wouldn't be a tourist trade in Mykonos. The simple solution is to licence more cabs from May to September. It is the tourists that count and we are sick of being ripped off, ignored and given a truly terrible service on what otherwise is a wonderful island.

Anyone else as mad as me? Perhaps we should start a campaign. Or at least a thread on here - "We Hate Mykonos Cabs!!!"

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Old Port
Old Port
177 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Raleigh
Level Contributor
50 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi cost

I'm going there mid Sept... and staying in Ornos. Any idea on how much a taxi would be from the airport to Ornos? Then from Ornos to the Port? I know it's just an estimate. (I wasn't sure what area other posts were staying in)

I have asked the hotel already.

Mentioned in this post
Ornos
Ornos
Mykonos, Greece
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,184 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi cost

You asked the hotel about the taxi prices and they couldn't give you an estimate? Very surprising. Should be approx. €15 to €20 for each of those rides.

Canterbury, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi cost

Is there an e mail for a reasonable taxi company so that I can book airport to Old town Port in advance?

Reply to: Taxi cost
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted