We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

Hi,

I'm travelling to Tenerife on Sunday from Leeds and Bradford, but i washed my passport a little while back and have only just realized, everything is intact the pages are a little tatty, the laminate page is in tact, nothing wrong with the picture or details, BUT there is a small amount of curling on the edges of the laminate pages, i'm quite worried i wont get through! :( any advice or anyone had a similar problem.

Thanks

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

Probably best to ring your local passport office and check.

But it will probably be down to the person who checks your passport in the UK and Tenerife.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

They told me they cant really confirm when i took it to the passport office in Leeds, but they didn't say that it wouldn't be accepted which is a bonus, they also said the same as you.

i can only hope, i'm from Leeds and flying from Leeds and Bradford... that might help haha

London, England
Level Contributor
8,864 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

As long as the essential information is intact I don't think you should have a problem. I would also carry extra ID like a driving licence with photocard.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

Hi, it is your airline who will accept or refuse your passport, as if Tenerife immigration refuse you, the airline will have to bring you back, and they will be fined.

So check with your airline, if you have time call into the airport tomorrow and check with the airline's desk. That way you still have time to obtain a new passport on Saturday.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

Yes, i'd nip to the airport as soon as possible to check. If they say it should be alright, get them to give you some sort of notification that it's been checked incase you get problems at check-in. If they say that it might not be useable then it gives you the chance to get a new passport sorted out as soon as possible, might be a bit of travelling about but better that than being refused in Tenerife.

6. Re: Travelling to Tenerife on Sunday but passport been washed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje