We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar locations please

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Topic
Bar locations please

Hi We are staying at the Fanabe costa Sur Hotel and have been recommended the following bars. Does anyone know the locations in relation to the hotel ?

St Eugenes

AJ Bar

Original wigan pier

Moonlight

In and Out Bar

Many thanks for your assistance and any other recommendations would be much appreciated and recieved- Happy holidays everyone

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
1,751 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar locations please

Moonlight Bar on seafront,walk down to front turn left towards Porto Colon,at end of seafront can see it at top of a few steps.They have a great act on every night at 11.30,but before that it is Karaoke.

Mentioned in this post
Moonlight bar
Moonlight bar
299 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar locations please

Hi Gazzadevon.

Im almost certain someone will come on here and give you a map with directions but until then here are my thoughts on bars you mentioned.

St Eugenes in my opinion WAS a fantastic bar for one reason and one reason only the one and only MR MIKE CARLTON,unfortunatly he is no longer there,high prices were managable because of mike,he made the place tick,i now fear for the place.

Wigan pier,decent for breakfasts but not my sort of place on a night.

Moonlights for stunning sunsets but not the beer,i must admit i can drink most lagers but i wouldnt class theirs as lager,drink bottles little bit dearer but better for the guts lol

AJs and In and Out bar i havent been in but believe me you will be spoilt for choice with bars and restaurants.

For a good wet on a afternoon,head to Kandi Lounge over looking beach at porto colon,take plenty of sun cream though cos its quite a suntrap.

Tig

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar locations please

Not sure when you got your info Gazza but Andy James who owned AJ's Bar None has been in the UK for a good two years now and is doing very well. It used to be one of my favourite bars but sadly not there any more.

St Eugene's used to be fabulous but in the last couple of weeks their main attraction Mike Carlton has left and Ray Wilde (who is also very good) is now the compère but it will be a very different bar to what it was.

If you are planning on seeing Soundchaser at the In and Out they are no longer there and haven´t been since end January but you can still catch them 2 days a week at Harleys.

Yes lots of karaoke at Moonlight not my choice so by the time the good entertainment comes on I am elsewhere.

Original Wigan Pier - can´t help as I always get this mixed up with the Wigan Pier, Original Wigan Pier and the Wigan Arms but sure there are those who know which is which LOL.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar locations please

Oh dear Tig, put our two posts together and the outlook doesn´t look good lol

But as you said there are loads of other places that are excellent

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

North East England...
Level Contributor
758 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar locations please

Moonlight bar is ok for a couple...agree with Tig - stick to bottles!! We like the 'Kandi Lounge' although never been in the afternoon...

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar locations please

I can always remember going in but not coming out lol,Mr Sister plays in there on afternoon,get in early though cos it gets packed

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar locations please

Nice to see you back aguilas x

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar locations please

Thank you Guys for your comments re: bars in the costa adeje area- We would be interested to hear your recommendations if you have any . We are not looking for karoke bars but more venues which have entertainment or live music in the evening. Any suggestions would be welcome and much appreciated

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
1,751 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar locations please

Bars for live Entertainment in your area.Go straight down to seafront,turn right (on seafront) bar called DIVINE ,host/resident singer Joe Harriet (formerly from Soul City) Motown sounds.Monday and Thurday TEMPTATIONS nights,very,very good.Wednesday night Drifters.Very good decor,pleasant staff,drinks reasonable,excellent cocktails.Also on seafront a couple of FUN PUBS,also with live entertainment,more rough and ready,but some good acts.At end of seafront going towards Porto Colon on level above seafront is GREAT LITTLE ITALY very good food,very good drinks (reasonable) very relaxed atmosphere and has live Entertainment.Nice night.We have already mentioned Moonlight bar,just past it behind Bahamas 2 Restaurant is John Kelly s ELVIS BAR has Ronnie warm up singer,then at 10pm Elvis (every night) followed by another guest act each night.Walk a little further (towards Poto Colon) there is Blue Cactus,also good food and drinks Plus live Entertainment.If you need more,continue round corner into Porto Colon and there are about six more bars with Live Entertainment.Hope this helps and you find something to enjoy.Have a good Holiday.Regards Barry

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Moonlight bar
Moonlight bar
299 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Blue Cactus
Blue Cactus
841 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
england
Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar locations please

oh cant wait go next wekk and it sounds brilliant by the wat what time do most of the acts finish

Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje