We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siam Park Height Restrictions

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Siam Park Height Restrictions

Hi, does anyone know how strict Siam Park is on enforcing ride height restrictions? Taking my kids (4 and 5) later this year and would like to take the eldest on some of the tamer grown-up rides (jungle snakes, the giant, lazy river and possibly the rapids - any that he can sit on a two-man ring with me - and not be scarred for life lol).

He's about 120cm and will no doubt grow in the next six months.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

if he is to small then its is in your own interest not to let him go them as there are there for a reason,i know it sounds a bit abrupt but the height restrictions are there for safety.

enjoy

Ross-on-Wye, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

They are very strict on the height restrictions, just returned from Tenerife with my wife and 2 kids. The faster slides are restricted to above 125cm's and the "Tower of Power" is only for over 145cm's (my 8 year old is 130cm's and they checked her almost every time we went on a ride that was restricted to over 125cm's!). However you will be okay with the rapids section of the lazy river and all of the slides on the lost city, there is also a new ride for smaller kids on the left as you go in, which is like a miniature version of some of the faster rides. Incidentally don't bother to buy tickets now, just buy them at the door as there is no difference in price and when you get into the park they will offer you a second day at half price which doesn't appear to be advertised anywhere else! Have fun. Robin

newcastle
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

my daughter was about that age and wasnt allowed on the last bit of the lazy river becouse she was an inch short. iv found the other water park is better for small kids.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

They are absolutely millitant on height restrictions. We tried over and over and over for 3 days and only found one person that bent the rules slightly. My son is 4 and was about an inch too short. If your kids are below or right at 1.10m then they can't ride much. If they are over they are good to go.

Little trick i'm going to try next time is putting water shoes on my son if he's close to the height limit.

Edited: 10:31 am, March 23, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

"They are absolutely millitant"

That is NOT the case, the hight restrictions are there for SAFETY OF PEOPLE going on the attractions, while you may think it is a good idea to try and find ways around the park rules by whatever means I would STRONGLY advise that nobody should do it. You are on holiday and I do not think that by finding ways to get round the restriction you {or anyone else} would want to return home after their time in Tenerife and have had to spend time in the hospital through any injury caused by flaunting the rules {THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON}. I agree strongly with davhems if a child is not of the hight then take them to Aqua park where they can have fun and also be safe

Regards

Sparhawk1

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

Sorry but have to agree with SH1 .Things to consider ....IF ( hopefully Never) an accident happens to your /any child under such circumstances your Holiday Insurers would 100% make sure you got nothing in relation to hospital costs so you would be left facing possible bills in to Thousands of £'s .

If an accident should occur ,with differing law factors in Tenerife you "may" face criminal charges for negligence ......it rearly does bear thinking about .Yes it may sound petty that for the sake of one inch they wont allow this ,but many of the rides constructions come with Set Guides .IMO better to have a fit and healthy child or in my case Grand Child that one thats injured ,surely thats the same for a parent

Stockport, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

The hight restriction is there for 2 reasons first it is hard to put an age restriction on these rides because some children look older than other'.second the child's head has to be a certain amount above the water at the deepest part of the ride. So putting shoe's on child to get round the rule is not going to make any difference to the safty of the ride .unless they are platforms and I doubt you could get them on any ride. Any thing you could do to get round the rules and affect there safety would be spotted a mile away . And as for travel insurance yes you would be covered as you could only use shoes on the ride if they were allowed in which case the child would be of correct hight.

Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

I took my 4 year old in 2012 & it was a waste of money. He couldn't go on any of the rides. I took him on Rapid & we had to come off half way round because he wasn't allowed on the Downhill part.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

Why would you risk hurting your children

10. Re: Siam Park Height Restrictions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje