We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early January weather

kent
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Early January weather

Hi can anyone tell me what the weather will be like at the beginning of january as we are looking to book 10 days at the bahia princess hotel from the 2nd of january, thankyou in advance :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early January weather

Hi

Nobody can tell you for sure what the weather will be like in January but it SHOULD be mid to low 20's during the day but it will be cool after dark so you would need a jacket or cardigan if you planned to be out at that time. During the day I would say that shorts and tee shirts and you SHOULD return home with a nice tan :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

up north
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early January weather

it can be sunny and warm but its not 100% guaranteed. its always going to warmer than back home (hopefully) it should be nice and warm in the sun with temps around the 70f mark .i think its the coldest month on average so bear this in mind.

Dunbartonshire...
Level Contributor
31 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early January weather

We love Tenerife, Costa Adeje and i woud love to have a 10 day break start of january before our annaul insurance expires. Were in the Costa Adeje Gran in May and loved it. weather was fab.

Were on the Costa del Sol in September and got 3 days of bad weather. Though we did enjoy getting getting away a change of scenery for a few days.

Were in the Hotel Riviera and loved it.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early January weather

Hi there, visiting Costa adeje for the first time in Jan can't wait ,staying at the Costa Adeje Gran. Are we safe to take mainly summer clothes for the day time ? Or is it best to take a mix ? I realise that the weather will be cool at night and we will need a jacket/cardi. Just had a rainy week on CDS in September ,very unusual as good weather is usually guaranteed there and we were unprepared !

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early January weather

Hi

If you are taking a couple of cardigans I would think you SHOULD be ok for both day or night but do not forget the HEAVY WEIGHT clothes for your return to the UK at the end of your holiday otherwise it can be quite a shock when the flight captian states " just coming into land at xyz airport, the temprature is 8/10 degrees and it is raining". I have seen that happen so many times on returning from Tenerife and the look on some of the passengers faces {dressed in a tee shirt and shorts is a sight to see :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early January weather

That sounds promising Sparhawk1 thank you

Dunbartonshire...
Level Contributor
31 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early January weather

Hello All, many thanks for info. We love Tenerife and have been in different area in different seasons over the years and remember the weather being quite cool during the day in Mar/Apr. Had to go out walking with our fleeces on. However we do remember sun bathing on the beach on New Years day. Wonderful.

Haven't actually booked anything yet but we were also in the Costa Adeje Gran in May and we had a lovely holiday, so keeping an eye on prices just now.

Thanks again

8. Re: Early January weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje